Please Read! The Sleeve can be defeated!

thebiggestwinner
on 8/6/11 4:06 am - NC
I was progressing very well after having the sleeve in November of 2010. A few months ago, I discovered that I can eat cookies, candy, cake and other sweets with no problem and they were very good!! I also continued to have a harder time eating things that I should be eating. On top of that, I stopped exercising and did not get my water and protein in as I should. I have been drinking lots of diet soda and some alcohol too.

The result, I stopped losing and actually gained about 10 lbs. The good news is that I am getting back on track. I am going back to exercising, water and protein and I will be attending my first support group since surgery.

With all of the downfalls that I have had, the good news is that I still have the tool that I was given and I know that I am going to get back on track.

I am again motivated after falling off of the wagon and I will report my progress as I move along.

Has anyone else had a setback like this on their journey?

frisco
on 8/6/11 4:21 am

You can beat any WLS........

You have to ask yourself one question.......

What are you gonna do if WLS doesn't work ????

Sure.... I coulda said "aww to bad... get back on the horse"

But you need a frickin "Wake Up" call.....

It's all you from here on out......

You can do it ..... If you can get your **** straight !!!!

Sorry for being so har**** just felt appropriate !

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

greatmomof2
on 8/6/11 4:23 am - CA
Good for you that you realized sooner than later...stay focused!!I am just three weeks post operative but I hope to stay on track to take advantage of the time I have to lose my weight...Good luck to you

faylavi
on 8/6/11 4:32 am - Laurel, MD
Personally I feel as long as I have a MOUTH any WLS can be defeated.  My mind is my biggest challenge. 

You are back on track, so you are NOT defeated.  Minor step back.  Stay positive!

Fay

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

46yrs old  5'4'' HW 306  AW  288  SW 276 CW 192  205                                                  Next goal <199     

(deactivated member)
on 8/7/11 6:47 am - CA
Sorry, totally OT! Fay, you kill me with your wit! Is it okay if I add you as a friend? :)
faylavi
on 8/7/11 12:19 pm - Laurel, MD
Absolutely!!  I need all the friends I can get!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

46yrs old  5'4'' HW 306  AW  288  SW 276 CW 192  205                                                  Next goal <199     

Jasonm11
on 8/6/11 4:53 am
My personal opinion wouldn't be that the sleeve was defeated but that your mind was defeated. Now you've taken that back, which is the important thing. You've realized this isn't a free pass to weight loss and does require you to be strong and make the right decision. Thats a great thing to realize at any point. I had my dose of reality a couple weeks ago when I realized all that unsatisfying snack food was creaping back into my diet....I threw it all out and while I'll allow myself a splurge every once in a while, it is back in my control. Good luck with staying on track.

HW(2-19-11) - 375    SW(3-9-11) - 362.5    CW - 204    GW - 220
Reached 100 pounds lost from highest weight at 3.5 months post-op!!!
Reached 100 pounds lost since surgery weight at 4.75 months post-op!!!
theshrinkingmimi
on 8/6/11 7:51 am
Ditto. It's a mind thing.
Pre-liquid diet 392; VSG'd on 6/10/11; 5'9"; SW 368/ GW 195?

Pounds lost: mth1=26.7; mth 2=21.2; mth 3=24.8; mth 4=13.8; mth 5=14.2;  
            mth 6=11.8; mth 7=9.2; mth 8&9= 17.2    
brownblonde
on 8/6/11 4:57 am
 Hey you just took a big first step.  I think that wanting it, and not being ashamed to ask for help is the biggest component to success.

My mantra has become "no excuses."  I do things a little differently than some on here--but it's working for me.  When it doesn't work I'm going to do whatever it takes to make it work.  Don't accept NO for an answer.  Good luck

Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 8/6/11 5:14 am
 yes, it is easy to over and - the more so the further out you get.  you know what to do, good on coming back.

once upon a time I had a group to talk about Binge Eating Disorder, and later one about Clean Eating.

PM me if you are interested in either of these.

size 8, life is great

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 389 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views