Checking in, bump in the road

LittleMissSunshine
on 8/7/11 12:18 pm
So I recently made some progress in trying new foods to the point where I feel like I can eat anything without a problem, which I'm sure some of you veterans probably know from experience, means a lapse in eating the way you're supposed to.  Couple that with spending a weekend camping at the Gorge to see Phish... bad news, eating-wise (the weekend was a blast!).

I've been stuck at 293 since the 23rd.  When it climbed to 295 just before the weekend, I blew it off as gaining for Aun't Flo's monthly visit; it is about that time.  Today when we got back from the Gorge, I stepped on the scale (after having eaten breakfast, drinking water) and the scale said 299.

I am NOT going back over 300... I refuse.  Tomorrow I'm going back to basics, no more venturing out of where I know I should be until I hit my next goal (then I'll have whatever I want for a day).

So yeah, figuring out how to catch myself before it spirals out of control is a process for sure.  It's weird, it's like I needed to take my sleeve on a test run just to prove to myself that I could physically have anything I wanted... just not much of it.  Well, that's true, point made... now it's time to get back to doing what I know I need to.

Blog | Join me on HealthyWage | Friend me on MyFitnessPal

Tipsynoodle
on 8/7/11 12:22 pm - Kempner, TX
 yeah get back on the wagon girl lol

Georgia C.
on 8/7/11 12:23 pm
 Congrats on your weight loss and for recognizing a change is needed.  Please make sure you get right back on track even take a few days and go back to protein drinks and mushy foods.  You have already come a long way you can do it  good luck come back and post to let us know how you are doing :)

roundater
on 8/7/11 12:35 pm - Lincoln, NE
Way to get back on track. Have missed you on myfitnesspal also.
Rich Sonderegger

DrHollywood
on 8/7/11 9:07 pm, edited 8/7/11 9:08 pm - Harbor City, CA
Glad to read your gift of awareness.  Your CW says 293 and you came back at 299.
That 7 pounds really could mess with our head.  I am glad to read your motivated
again.  You can do it!  I know you can.

I remember before the surgery how you praised one of your food plans by one of the
doctors that is floating around here.  You mentioned you were using the doctor
and not sure if it ended that way.   anyhow,  you were adamant about being on track
 with this food plan and I felt the same too in the beginning.    Then reality comes where
food has also at times got the better half of me.  This is human nature. All we have to do
is change our ways....    I am so happy your catching this before it gets out of hand.
Again,  I know you can do this!!!

✿ L♦O♦V♦E ✿ & ✿ P♦E♦A♦C♦E ✿ღ ✿ & F♦R♦I♦E♦N♦D♦S ✿ ღ
                         "Keeping The Faith!"   "Slim by Summer!"
                                    HW: 250 - SW: 241  - CW: 154.7GW: 140  

1 month: 22 pounds (2162 months: 12.2 pounds (203.8)  3 months: 10.6  (193.2)
 4 months: 9.7  lbs  (183.5)  5 Months:   6  pounds  (177.5 ) 
6 Months: 12 lbs ( 165.5)
 7 Months 7.1 lbs (158.4) 8 Months +1.6 pounds(159.8) 9 Months 2.7 pounds (157.1)
10 Months 8.1 lbs (149) 11 months +2 pounds ( 151) 1 YEAR!!!  2.6 pounds (148.4)

Hit "One-derland April 9th, 2011   (199.7)

"Half-Way Goal" April 25th, 2011 (194.8)

"Happyland 80`s" May 14, 2011  (189.6)

"Groovyland 70`s"  June 20th 2011  (179.9)

" HippyDippyland 60's"  July 16th  (169.8)

" CQQL-land 50`s"  August 25th ( 159.8)

"Normal BMI"   24.8  October 21st, 2011 (154.5) I am 5`6

"AWESOME-land 40's" Dec 1st 2011  (149)

"Century Club 100 Pounds"  Dec 1st 2011  (149)

' ONE YEAR SURGIVERSARY!!!"

Two Year Surgiversary!!!"

LittleMissSunshine
on 8/8/11 4:08 am
Thanks!  I hopped on the scale first this this morning and it was back down to 296, so I'm going to call that extra 3lbs my pre-period gain since I really don't think I did a ton of damage eating wise.  Yes, I had way more carbs than I should have over the past few days, but the volume wasn't huge.  Being off the grid, I wasn't able to track anything, so I think I just freaked out a bit when I saw a 6lb jump. 

Now in retrospect,  I think yesterday's 299 reading was probably a combo of it being mid-day, plus some of the rediculous amount of water I drank all weekend was probably sticking around a bit.  The Gorge is in a desert, so I put away about 100oz of water each day (Camelbaks rock!) just to make sure I wouldn't get dehydrated out there.

If my pattern is going to be drop 15 or so pounds, then stall out for a few weeks, then drop again, I can deal with that... I just want to know that it's just how my body sheds weight; I suppose only time will tell.  This whole thing is such a learning process!

Blog | Join me on HealthyWage | Friend me on MyFitnessPal

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 154 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 427 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 445 views