3 year surgeversity

kayebadoe
on 8/11/11 4:41 am
VSG on 08/11/08 with
 Well its been 3 years. I had my surgery at 247lbs I now weigh 135. I wore 22/24 I now wear smalls and size 6. I have to say that for me it has been easy to maintain. I still eat small amounts. Usually 4 oz of dense meat, or slightly more for salad (if I chew alot!) I can eat a half of a sandwitch comfortably, but can't take that extra bite, even if I want to. I didn't do any formal exercising. I had no stalls. If you have any questions just post them and I will be glad to answer you
I don't have any regrets, they can talk about me plenty when I'm gone....Bob Dylan
frisco
on 8/11/11 4:59 am

Wow!

A 2 year and a 3 year back to back !!!!

Congrats !!!

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

dicastro1010
on 8/11/11 5:03 am - Escondido, CA
WOW! Congrats! I am going to take you up on your questions...

What do you think has made you most successful? 

What is your best advice to prepare someone going into surgery? (mine is 9/14)

Do you know what size bougie you had and do you think that affects anything?

I am so happy for you. I REALLY hope I have similar results. I am in a 22/24 now and can't even imagine being a 6 again. That is amazing.

Diana
Hi I'm Diana! I'm 5'10 and hoping to get down to 165 :) Feel free to friend me! 

kayebadoe
on 8/11/11 6:14 am
VSG on 08/11/08 with
 I really stuck to the 75 to 90 grams of protein 20 or less of carbs. I weighted my food. Drank my water or green tea. I wanted this so bad I was willing to give up all the crap. Of course I really didn't want it  and other than ****tails have kept to it.

I have a 32 f bougie

Oh and BTW I don't remember ever being a size 6 in my life.
I don't have any regrets, they can talk about me plenty when I'm gone....Bob Dylan
(deactivated member)
on 8/11/11 5:06 am - Castle Rock, CO
truly inspiring.. congrats!! 
sswanky
on 8/11/11 5:08 am
Fantastic! Thank you for posting about your success.

Still Fawn
on 8/11/11 5:09 am - SIERRA MADRE, CA
Congrats! So far, I am like you, and I hope to stay that way.. Happy surgiversary!

I am still loving life with my sleeve! Been maintaining at or below goal for over 4 years!
"People spend a lifetime searching for happiness; looking for peace. They chase idle dreams, addictions, religions, even other people, hoping to fill the emptiness that plagues them. The irony is the only place they ever needed to search was within."   - Ramona L. Anderson

Faye56
on 8/11/11 5:13 am
VSG on 07/19/11 with
That is amazing! I love your story - no exercising or stalls and have kept the weight off for 3 years! Very, very inspiring for us that are so new and have so much to learn. Thank you for sharing your story. You look great! Congrats!!!!!!!!! 

"Encourage instead of criticize.  Love instead of hate.  Hope instead of doubt. Give instead of take.  Trust instead of worry.  We open our hearts to others so that they will be prompted to open their hearts to God"  Lucy Swindoll

foodlover
on 8/11/11 5:24 am
congrats to you!
inkslingerdiva
on 8/11/11 5:26 am - Dumfries, VA
VSG on 01/22/11 with
No stalls and no exercise? Wow, girl, you did fantastic!! Good job and congratulations~
SW: 228Lbs. GW: 125Lbs. Goal in 14.5 Months CW: 122.7Lbs Down 105.3Lbs

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 65 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 248 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 315 views