I'm home ............SLEEVED

Primyzia
on 8/12/11 8:59 am
VSG on 08/09/11 with

I got sleeved and had hernia removed they told me about the hernia 10 minutes b4 surgery lolll was a lil scared but I'm happy it got fixed!!!  I never had surgery b4 and it was the worst thing I had to go through I'm sorry It was painful and I just felt horrible PLUS while I was there my son was in so much pain and the doctor took a look at him and admitted him and found out he needed to have 2 cistes removed in the back area and was scheduled for surgery the next day!!!!! so it was sooooooo stressful I  was on the forth floor he was on the third floor they couldn't put us together  thank god my mom was with him and my bestfriend was with me but at least we r all home now and together  ............I'm still in so much pain had fever last night and I could not move!!!! its really hard to move around I've been walking sipping walking sipping :) I just took my pain medicine so I will be going to lay down soon I really hope I feel better tomorrow ....thanks to this site I already knew things to expect, actually  few people in the hospital were really surprised on how much I knew lollll thank you guys I need to lay down I feel horrible ttys ciaoooo

http://youtu.be/Ax77weY-2D4       http://youtu.be/VYj-ru_iIVk 
            http://youtu.be/gE9e0k0u6xE     http://youtu.be/RgbP3MllMQ0 

Jan G.
on 8/12/11 9:22 am - WI
OH hon I am sooo sorry you and your son had such an ordeal. This too shall pass...

What kind of hernia repair? Hiatal? I had an umbilical hernia so 7 little incisions and vomited for 3 days but NO PAIN, discomfort, NO gas/air, no drain  and have this big bottle of liquid percocet...wish I could pass it along to you.

But.. I am still struggling getting my ins to approve the Prevacid. Acid reflux my worse thing till today when I started a little protein/milk drinks.

Hope you improve hon.. and real soon. Hope you both have help at home.

HUGS< Jan

VSG: 08/05/2011   Age 62   5 foot:  HW: 207    SW 194   CW 156

Spiritus
on 8/12/11 9:23 am - Hawthorne, CA

hi there. I was sleeved on Wednesday and I can totally relate to your physical pain.  i kept turning red and my face flushed then my blood pressure dropped  (83/51) and I was put on bed rest at the hospital until the last few hours of my stay!  i thought iwas doing well, i was up and walking 45 minutes after i moved into my semi-prvate room - didn't know that I should've waited 6 hours after getting into my room for walking.

i want so bad to fart, but I just have small burps. when they removed my jp drain, i was in great pain....it was like the tubing had molded onto my organs. it took me more than just "take a deep breath in"....no way, it was 3 breathes and a few tears.  this is my second day out and it is very slowly getting better.  my blood pressure still drops and my head feels "wamer" than usual but i've learned that when i'm hot like that, i need my lortab.

i wish you and your son a swift and complete healing.  you know the addage that we will asking outselves  "why did I do it"?  yep, i was saying that the day of and especially the day after surgery. good point is that i am not hungry in the least, in fact the aroma of food makes me scrunch up my nose.  i am going back to bed too, because the lortab is starting to work on me too.  Good Luck and I am sure we will also chanting "This was teh very best thing I could've done for myself" too. 

rosapain
on 8/12/11 10:05 am, edited 8/12/11 10:06 am - Amityville, NY
HELLO ,SPIRITUS   SORRY YOU NOT FEELING  WELL LOTS HUGS FOR A SPEEDY RECOVERY. CONGRATS
(deactivated member)
on 8/12/11 10:39 am - CA
 Sending you hugs and healing energy my friend. xoxox
rosapain
on 8/12/11 10:02 am - Amityville, NY

HI WISHING YOU AND YOUR SON A SPEEDY RECOVERY,CONGRATS TO YOU. GET AS MUCH REST AS YOU NEED

great    
(deactivated member)
on 8/12/11 10:30 am - VA
I hope you and your baby get well soon. I dont think you are suppose to have a fever so contact your dr about that!
mareacuda
on 8/12/11 10:38 am - Las Vegas, NV
 At least you knew about your hernia!

I had one and I was never told. I didn't know until I received the photos in the mail of my surgery (and the BILL!) My doctor never mentioned it post op or at my follow up appointments. I figure it's better that it's fixed but I worry that without VSG I never would have known about it.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers
DrHollywood
on 8/12/11 2:00 pm, edited 8/12/11 2:01 pm - Harbor City, CA
WOw you both went through a lot.  I hope you both heal quickly.....
I am sorry to hear you went through this...
Lots of prayers and hugs... 

one more thing..i do congratulate you being sleeved.  I cannot wait to you get to
the stage where you get to enjoy it.  hang tight...  x0

✿ L♦O♦V♦E ✿ & ✿ P♦E♦A♦C♦E ✿ღ ✿ & F♦R♦I♦E♦N♦D♦S ✿ ღ
                         "Keeping The Faith!"   "Slim by Summer!"
                                    HW: 250 - SW: 241  - CW: 154.7GW: 140  

1 month: 22 pounds (2162 months: 12.2 pounds (203.8)  3 months: 10.6  (193.2)
 4 months: 9.7  lbs  (183.5)  5 Months:   6  pounds  (177.5 ) 
6 Months: 12 lbs ( 165.5)
 7 Months 7.1 lbs (158.4) 8 Months +1.6 pounds(159.8) 9 Months 2.7 pounds (157.1)
10 Months 8.1 lbs (149) 11 months +2 pounds ( 151) 1 YEAR!!!  2.6 pounds (148.4)

Hit "One-derland April 9th, 2011   (199.7)

"Half-Way Goal" April 25th, 2011 (194.8)

"Happyland 80`s" May 14, 2011  (189.6)

"Groovyland 70`s"  June 20th 2011  (179.9)

" HippyDippyland 60's"  July 16th  (169.8)

" CQQL-land 50`s"  August 25th ( 159.8)

"Normal BMI"   24.8  October 21st, 2011 (154.5) I am 5`6

"AWESOME-land 40's" Dec 1st 2011  (149)

"Century Club 100 Pounds"  Dec 1st 2011  (149)

' ONE YEAR SURGIVERSARY!!!"

Two Year Surgiversary!!!"

Adrienne J.
on 8/12/11 9:36 pm - GA
Hey there! I wondered how you were doing. Im sorry you had such a rough time. I hope you and your son recover quickly!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 127 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 371 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 412 views