Lactose intolerance???

dentalhygieny
on 8/13/11 2:19 am - MN
Hey everyone, I had my sleeve on Monday and I have noticed that when I drink my Carnation Instant Breakfast the last couple of days, I have gas and cramping...Once I am done drinking  it lingers for about 30 minutes after then I feel fine...I am thinking that I may have a lactose interolance thing going on...

Can you give me some ideas on what you used to mixed with your protein powder...I am going to try something different to see if that makes a difference in my symptoms...Thanks...
"Your body is the baggage you must carry through life. The more excess the baggage, the shorter the trip."
- Arnold H. Glasgow

USAF Wife
on 8/13/11 2:24 am
I tried mixing mine with water, but since whey protein is a milk product so mixing it with water did nothing for the gas, cramping, puking and diarrhea. I tried soy proteins and those were repulsive.
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

Erica77
on 8/13/11 2:44 am - MN
Nectar syntrax products are lactose free, I think. I usually mix mine with half milk, half water. Or use half soy, half water. I had the same issues with carnation.
HW- 398  SW- 371 CW- 224 GW- 175      5'11     27lbs lost preop

Jan G.
on 8/13/11 2:57 am - WI
I am lactose intolerant too. I use lactrose free skim milk. They sell them in all stores, even Target I think. Otherwise I too have terrible gas pains.

Good luck ~Jan

VSG: 08/05/2011   Age 62   5 foot:  HW: 207    SW 194   CW 156

dentalhygieny
on 8/13/11 4:17 am - MN
Thanks everyone, I think I am going to make a run to the grocery store later and pick up some soy milk....Other then the lactose issue, things are going great considering I just had it on monday and they also fixed a rather large hiatal hernia....I think I was more sore from the hernia repair then the sleeve itself....
"Your body is the baggage you must carry through life. The more excess the baggage, the shorter the trip."
- Arnold H. Glasgow

Marcia B.
on 8/13/11 5:27 am - CA
I had the same issue when I came home and I bought Lactaid Milk to mix with my protein powder.  It is milk with lactase in it to help digest the lactose.  I also bought lactaid pills which you eat one before taking any dairy products.  Good luck.
Philippians 4:13 -  I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

dentalhygieny
on 8/13/11 6:44 am - MN
Thanks, I am going to try that...any advise is very much appreciated....
- Arnold H. Glasgow

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 136 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 395 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 424 views