My Journey So Far (2 days out)

cristalpoppin
on 8/14/11 5:53 am - Austin, TX
I just got sleeved on Friday (8/12/11) and am so excited! This post is probably going to be l  o  n  g  & boring but I am so thrilled I just wanted to share.

I arrived at the hospital Friday at 5:30 am, was under at 7:30 am, and was in recovery by 9:00 am.

My recovery has been going very well, and I would like to thank all of you who sent prayers and blessings my way! 

I was up and walking as soon as I woke up the nurses were scared because they thought I was still too out of it to be walking. I was actually chastised by the night nurses for walking too much! 

I used morphine on Friday, and haven't used any pain or nausea medications since Friday. My doc used a 32f bougie, and I have a total of 5 incisions - 4 are about 2 cm long, and 1 is about 2 in. long.

I'm home and haven't had anything bu****er & sugar free popsicles - my throat hurts a little bit  

fullohope
on 8/14/11 5:58 am
Thanks for posting! It sounds like you had a great journey so far! Wow! Keep up the walking, when do you start on protein drink?
I am on day 6 of 14 day pre op diet now. I can't wait until my surgery!

Keep up the smooth recovery and keep posting! I appreciate reading these as my surgery is getting so close!

cristalpoppin
on 8/14/11 12:29 pm - Austin, TX
not sure about protein shakes - i'm calling my docs office tomorrow to verify. my nut told me protein shakes day 2, but the nurse in the hospital said at day 10 
(deactivated member)
on 8/14/11 6:43 am - WV
So happy everything went well for you...sending prayers that it continues as smooth...
music_mama
on 8/14/11 7:50 am - grand prairie, TX
Good for you! I was sleeved on Thursday afternoon so we are pretty close in recovery!  I was really surprised at how little they got me up to walk. I actually had to tell them when I was going to be walking. My friday was really rough. I had some issues with post nasal drip and a mucus plug so I ended up tossing my cookies twice. Totally painful with that little sleeve and those 5 incisions!  I should totally delve into my popcicle stash!  Keep up the good work! 

Oh! question. When are you going to weigh yourself for the first time? I'm thinking 2 weeks out....maybe :)

Have you tried that Crazy Wrap Thing!? Lose inches, tighten, and tone loose skin in as little as 45 minutes. Ask me how! Let me help you with your goals! http://lonestarwraps.myitworks.com

cristalpoppin
on 8/14/11 12:32 pm - Austin, TX
 oh no! that sounds awful  yeah i had to tell them i was going to walk too :p good for us! 

i'm not planning to weight myself until my first post op appt (10-14 days)  that way it can be "official" by their scale
Starting weight: 350 Weight at surgery (8/12/11): 320 Long-term goal: lose 200 lbs!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 89 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 306 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 351 views