Yay! Got my appointment to see the surgeon!

sourcherriex
on 8/15/11 4:08 am - CA
 Finally! HealthNet took the entire 10 business days to approve my referral request. I have my first appointment with Dr. Quilici on the 24th! I'm so excited! I am going to go print out my list of questions immediately.  I have a big list I've accumulated from perusing this board. I think I will have to cut it down a bit because it's like two pages, lol. Thank goodness I'm set in my surgery choice and I'm not boggling back and forth anymore. I know exactly what I want.

I know it's been asked before, but how big is everyone's sleeve? That's one of my biggest questions is how small he will make it. What is a good size? I am worried about it stretching after a long period of time or being too large initially after the swelling goes down. Is that even a request I can make - to have a sleeve on the smaller side?

Also, if you've had any experience with Dr. Quilici or Providence St. Joseph Medical Center I'd LOVE to hear about it. I've been trying to rack up info on him and the hospital for weeks but there isn't too much out there, especially regarding the sleeve. I think he is just starting to do sleeves more frequently.
 ~Marisa~

nana S.
on 8/15/11 4:20 am - MI
Congrats on your approvallll

Ask about the bougie size
(deactivated member)
on 8/15/11 4:21 am - CA
I'm so excited for you! If I had different insurance I would have gone with Quilici. I live locally and know many people that have had their surgery with him and highly recommend him. And St Joe's is an outstanding hopsital!
I'm so excited for you. Let me know how your journey goes. Good wishes for you!!!
MelinaO715
on 8/15/11 4:33 am
VSG on 09/10/12
Good Luck Marisa unfamiliar with that area but I'm in the same boat as you with my first appt. on the 29th at New York Presbyterian in NYC...i have tons of questions as well and your post has me wondering about the stomach size as well.  Good luck on your journey!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 78 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 291 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 343 views