Silly ? about 3 week stall

Cristina S.
on 8/17/11 11:22 pm - New Britain, CT
Ok so is is a stall that lasts for 3 weeks or is just that occurs at the 3rd week? I had my surgery on the 2nd so does that mean I shouldn't expect to lose much weight around this time?

(deactivated member)
on 8/17/11 11:27 pm, edited 8/17/11 11:27 pm - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with
Some folks get it around the 3 week mark, how long it lasts is up to your body.

I never stalled, so no, dont *expect* it, but know its a possibility (like hair loss) and do your best to not get worked up about it, because no matter what anyone says, ******g and moaning doesnt make a stall stop. :}  A lot of folks never stall, but we dont typically post about it, so, it doesnt get the same "air play."

During any times of weight stagnation, just look at your consumption and output and see if you are getting sloppy around the edges and tighten it back up.  All you *can* control is what you put in your mouth, how much movement you get, and your attitude!

And too, stress is a killer, it raises hormones that help FAT stay PUT!  So, wigging is only shooting yourself in the foot.

Check your food, check your movement, weigh yourself, remember its just a phase, and keep on keeping on!
Cristina S.
on 8/17/11 11:28 pm - New Britain, CT
Thanks for your reply. It seems so crazy to eat only 1 ounce of food at a time and not lose weight lol.

(deactivated member)
on 8/17/11 11:33 pm, edited 8/17/11 11:34 pm - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with
You have to remember too, your body has gone thru major surgery.  Healing bodies have to hold onto some things because it helps them heal. 

Weight loss, like growth, and like learning, isnt linear.  We didnt gain weight every time we ate more and more ounces - bodies dont do an accounting of in/out every midnight. 

Its a good time to just be kind to you and see how your body fluctuates. 

And about people asking you how much you lost (you didnt ask, but this is free :} )

I weighed every day.  I only posted in my calendar at the beginning of every week, I only TOLD people if they asked that I only officially took my weight once a month.  So, if they said "how much have you lost so far? I would say "I dont weigh until the fifth, if you ask then I will have the answer!"

That takes a little stress off and keeps people from asking so much. They really only are interested and their heart is most probably to be encouraging, but they, too, think you ought to be losing a pound a day if you are only eating a weentzy bit of food.

but a body has a wisdom of its own!  :}

Good luck girlie!
heatherdw
on 8/17/11 11:43 pm
I'm six weeks out and have already stalled once.  It lasted about 10 days and now I have just gotten over it and have lost a pound a day for a week!  There's no set number of stalls or anything that says you have to stall out.  But if you do, you WILL get past it.
Heather, SAHM to 2 (ages 3 and 7), Student

Butterfly17
on 8/18/11 1:37 am - Miami, FL
Cristina,
I just posted about this yesterday.  I'm exactly 3 weeks out as of today, and I've been in a stall for about a week.  I'm doing everything right, the scale just won't move.  I was really down yesterday about it, but realized something last night--
before on diets when I would hit the dreaded weight loss stall, I would simply say screw it and give up and then make the scale move (in the opposite direction!!!) by eating again.  This time it's different.  This isn't a diet, this is alifelong medical intervention, and there will be weeks where the sclae will go my way and there will be weeks where it won't.

From what I have read though, the stalls typically last anywhere from 1-3 weeks, so if that's the case, then I'm moving closer to seeing the sclae drop again. 

Hope your success continues.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 90 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 311 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 359 views