question?

Ashley O.
on 8/22/11 7:12 am
its almost 5 oclock.. ive only had about 45oz of liquids today so far.. i'm supposed to get at least 80. i just feel so full after drinking its hard to do. plus the protein.. i'll take a break from drinking and then have a little bit of sugar free pudding or cottage cheese or jello.. no more than a 1/4 cup at a time though. and i usually dont fini**** according to my doctor jello counts towards liquid intake so i'm adding that into the fluids.. but i'm supposed to get in 3 protein shakes too?! plus the 80 oz of liquids.. and at least 60 grams of protein that i dont get through the 3 shakes.. with the shakes and a quarter cup of sf pudding and a quarter cup of small curd low fat cottage cheese, i get maybe around 50 grams.. not 60..

any ideas? i'm so full.. i'm trying to focus on liquids first. but i dont want to totally skip protein..

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone is fighting some kind of battle."
~

Check out my blog? (: www.ourfightnow.net
~

Joy J.
on 8/22/11 7:28 am - Laurel, MD

I was told 48 oz of liquid is the absolute minimum to avoid dehydration but that I should work to 64 oz. 80 seems like a lot!  I am supposed to get in 80 grams of protein. 

DrHollywood
on 8/22/11 7:30 am - Harbor City, CA
Forget the SF Pudding and get your liquids in.

Drink 2 oz every 15 minutes.  This is what you wanted and this is
what you have to do.  Come on!!!    You can do it.

You have your surgery on the 19th right?  I Didnt touch pudding or anything
for the first 3 weeks.  My first two weeks was liquid only.

Work on it and I promise within a day or two you will be able to...but that is only
if you work on it every 15 minutes 2 oz.  if you skip you lose the intake because
we can only take in so little.

Get Isopure and drink it....  40 grams of protein
Drink drink drink

You can do it!!!

✿ L♦O♦V♦E ✿ & ✿ P♦E♦A♦C♦E ✿ღ ✿ & F♦R♦I♦E♦N♦D♦S ✿ ღ
                         "Keeping The Faith!"   "Slim by Summer!"
                                    HW: 250 - SW: 241  - CW: 154.7GW: 140  

1 month: 22 pounds (2162 months: 12.2 pounds (203.8)  3 months: 10.6  (193.2)
 4 months: 9.7  lbs  (183.5)  5 Months:   6  pounds  (177.5 ) 
6 Months: 12 lbs ( 165.5)
 7 Months 7.1 lbs (158.4) 8 Months +1.6 pounds(159.8) 9 Months 2.7 pounds (157.1)
10 Months 8.1 lbs (149) 11 months +2 pounds ( 151) 1 YEAR!!!  2.6 pounds (148.4)

Hit "One-derland April 9th, 2011   (199.7)

"Half-Way Goal" April 25th, 2011 (194.8)

"Happyland 80`s" May 14, 2011  (189.6)

"Groovyland 70`s"  June 20th 2011  (179.9)

" HippyDippyland 60's"  July 16th  (169.8)

" CQQL-land 50`s"  August 25th ( 159.8)

"Normal BMI"   24.8  October 21st, 2011 (154.5) I am 5`6

"AWESOME-land 40's" Dec 1st 2011  (149)

"Century Club 100 Pounds"  Dec 1st 2011  (149)

' ONE YEAR SURGIVERSARY!!!"

Two Year Surgiversary!!!"

julyxo84
on 8/22/11 7:34 am - Pembroke Pines, FL
 I think you're doing pretty darn good for just having the surgery a few days ago. Don't sweat it. :-)
 [ Hi, I'm stefanie, I'm 28 years old and 5'3'' ]

Ashley O.
on 8/22/11 7:40 am
thanks for the responses. i'll try to keep focusing on liquids instead. i go back to see my dietitian and nurse practitioner and a few other people on september first. they call me daily to check up on me and answer any querstions i may have so when they call tomorrow i'll ask themabout all this.

i cant believe this all never used to be a problwm for me. i easily got in 90oz a day before surgery. nwo it hard to even get 60.

all in all i wouldnt change a thing though.. ive already lost a few pounds.. i had gained 6 pounds in the hospital on fluids. but ive lost all of that and like 3 or more pounds already since. i'm ridiculously happy.

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone is fighting some kind of battle."
~

Check out my blog? (: www.ourfightnow.net
~

jojoslim
on 8/22/11 8:07 am
Great to hear from you Ashley.  I'm just a little ahead of you and I have found that the best thing for me is to make up a protein shake with extra water and protein powder and carry it around with me till its done.  That way its both liquid and protein and I don't have to worry about waiting between the two.  My choc shake this morning is 50gms protein (2 scoops) and 600mls water - it will take me 1-2 hours to get through it but thats the bulk of my protein and 1/3 of my liquids for the day.  Once I am finished it I will just make another one - its in a sippy bottle so easy to cart around.  I usually try to have something different for dinner.  I figure once I am more healed I will worry more about real food!

Best of luck to you,
Jo

Elaine2
on 8/22/11 8:21 am, edited 8/22/11 8:21 am - Atlanta, GA

Usually your protein shakes count towards your liquid total----so you get a double whammy from them. Since you're on liquid only, try a couple of the extra high protein shakes...Isopure (never had it but lots of folks recommend it), Lean Body, Chike, Premiere,,,,whatever.

Keep it up...you're gonna do great!

(deactivated member)
on 8/22/11 8:27 am
I agree with others and drop the mushie foods for now until the fluid intake hits your goals..

I know your plan is soft foods early out- but with swelling and all, that takes up too much room- hydration is #1 goal to make, make sure you nail that.. even if it means less protein if the shakes fill you too much.. also you can try diluting the shakes, thinner = less fullness.. Then add shakes back.. till you meet protein goals.. then add mushies in slowly if your plan calls for it.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 144 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 417 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 437 views