ugh i feel like ****

Ashley O.
on 8/27/11 3:40 am
i keep having hot and cold flashes and im having trouble keeping my vitamins down... i get most of them.. but the calcium citrate is the hardest..

my dietitian said i could try a scrambled egg yesterday.. and it seemed okay after awhile.. but i woke up thismorning and just.. ugh. it hurts to get up. and ive been walking a bunch lately, its so nice.. i lost 11 pounds the first week..  which im happy about but

like. i cannot get the protein in.. i just barely do with my protein shakes. but im having trouble even keeping those down today and yesterday.. it just didnt go over well. i've been having crystal light, fruit 20, and propel zero pretty much all the time ive been home.. and some sf jello.. the liquids hasnt beenn a problem.. and neither really was the protein till the past day or two..

my dietitian is out of town so i cant call her to ask.. should i just try and focus on liquids or keep trying to push the protein? i feel terriblee. /: i kinda expected i was going through a 'honeymoon' phase when i felt great right after surgery but damn.. this sucks.

any advice? thanks..

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone is fighting some kind of battle."
~

Check out my blog? (: www.ourfightnow.net
~

sarahjnkc
on 8/27/11 3:46 am - MO
My surgeon says "If in doubt, take a step back".  Go to all clear liquid diet for a bit and see if that helps?
         "The grass is not  greener on the other side, it's greener where you water it. "  HW: 258 CW: 222    
(deactivated member)
on 8/27/11 3:47 am
Eeeyeh, eggs were a no no till I was almost 30 days out.. they give a lot of us issues..

First- liquids, get your hydration in.. work on protein after you know you can get the water in.. and if you need to- dilute those shakes so they slide down easier that way you get liquids & protein in one go. I was advised to not take my vites for 2 weeks as early out it causes a lot of nausea.. you won't hurt yourself if you pass on those for a few days..

I felt great for the first week too- then I hit a wall, and felt weak and generally crappy for almost 2 weeks.. Take it easy, get your fluids in, work on your liquid protein and don't pu****!
Ashley O.
on 8/27/11 3:52 am
I wish i had known that before i tried it.. Ugh. I don't think i'll want to touch an egg for awhile..

The vitamins are what i was worried about.. I wasn't sure if i could pass them u*****t.. Thats good to know.

I'll work on the fluids first.. Thanks(:

~

~

Angela.62
on 8/27/11 3:48 am
Can you call your doctor?  Feeling OK after the surgery and then suddenly having hot/cold flashes could be a symptom of an infection or even dehydration .. I'd call the doctor to get some advice .. if you can't get in touch with his/her office then I would just try to focus on liquids for now .. it's important not to get dehydrated right now and try to get in touch with your doctor asap.

I hope you feel better soon!
Take care!

SW 253 Surgery Date July 5th, 2011
Erica77
on 8/27/11 3:48 am - MN
The first month was the hardest for me. It was all I could do to get in all my fluids, I had to work my way up to 60+g of protein. I wanted " real food", but it was just easier to drink my shakes.
It will get SO much better! Just hang in there.
HW- 398  SW- 371 CW- 224 GW- 175      5'11     27lbs lost preop

Ashley O.
on 8/27/11 4:07 am
i cant get in touch with his office right now, they're not there on weekends i dont believe.

i'll keep focusing on the liquids..  they're pretty much all i can get down right now anyway.

thanks for everones replies.

~

~

Jan G.
on 8/27/11 4:14 am - WI
Oh hon I am 23 days out and boy can I relate.
I still am trying to get in ALL my fluids and protein drinks.

Also got the hot/cold flashes..hormonal I think. Our bodies just went through quite a shock: surgery, Anesthesia..and much smaller tummy..much smaller intake in general.

IT WILL GET BETTER!! You, like me, probably sooo swollen yet..so don't force it.

Also what helped about 2 weeks in my tummy seemed to open up more so I could get in my meds easier than sipping and having them get stuck. AND..once on a PPI (mine is prevacid solutabs) and learning to take it between    5-7pm made a huge difference in moving things along and making room in the evening to get fluids/protein in.

Hang in there my new OH friend, Hugs, Jan

VSG: 08/05/2011   Age 62   5 foot:  HW: 207    SW 194   CW 156

sourcherriex
on 8/27/11 4:28 am - CA
 Do you have any numbers you can call to speak with your doctor or a nurse or something? They probably have some line to let you talk to someone on the weekends - people get sick on saturday and sunday too, after all. Plus after having major surgery I would think they would want you to be able to communicate if anything is wrong.

I'm still pre-op so no good advice here.. 
 Maybe just try to take it easy and focus on clear liquids like others have said. I hope you feel better soon!
 ~Marisa~

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 145 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 418 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 439 views