Many, many NSVs and an Update

May D.
on 8/31/11 12:50 pm, edited 8/31/11 12:51 pm

Drum roll please...............................

On Tuesday morning I reached my first goal of 50 pounds, on Wednesday morning, I dropped another pound making it 51!! I'm 6 months post op. I lose very slowly, but I don't care - better to lose slow and keep it off.  I'm not in a contest or in a hurry, as long as I'm consistent.  I will get to my goal weight in due time.  Never in my life did I think I'd ever see this day. 

As Carrie Fisher says, I've lost half a super model!

No Scale Victories: I squeezed my still fat behind into a size 18 pants 3 weeks ago, now they're too big and I'm wearing a 16! My tops have gone from an 18/20 to a 12/14 or from XXL to L.  

Regardless, my genes dictate that I will always be small on top and have a forever big ass ghetto bootie! Still, I don't care, I'm happy!  

I went from a DD to a C to a B cup! I put 15 "too big" bras into a plastic bag today and donated them to the Red Cross along with some "too big" clothes. 

I own a red sweatshirt (size XXL) that I haven't worn in over 10 years because it was too tight on me. Today I put it on and it reaches the bottom of my thighs, the sleeves are too long and it's just too big! haha! I'm going to keep it as a souvenir along with my size 22 pants!! 

I lost 3 chins and my face no longer looks like I'm hoarding nuts in my cheeks. 

My feet shrunk from a 7/7 1/2 to a size 6. 

Oh... I found my ankles and I think I'm beginning to see my cheekbones! 

The bad news: I had an x-ray done of my knees and I definitely need knee replacement on my right knee, my left one has a little time left.  Going back to Ortho doc in November to report an additional weight loss then talk about surgery for some time next year.  The less one weighs, the more successful the surgery will be.  Yup, that's what I want!

After thoughts: I eat almost everything now as long as it's healthy.  I do eat carbs now as well as 60-70 grams of protein a day.  I've joined Weigh****chers online to keep myself on track because when I wasn't eating carbs, I also had no idea on how to keep track which also resulted in slow losses.  Regardless of what WW says I should eat in points, I talked to my nutritionist and we both agree I should be eating at least 7-9 points less.  I also work out (cardio, weights) 4-5 times a week and I do water aerobics twice a week.    

Living la vida loca!!

ANA B.
on 8/31/11 1:04 pm - ALTOONA, PA
THIS WORKS FOR YOU, WONDERFUL.
  VSG 2/10/11                                             DR. ALVAREZ-MY HERO

BJUpNorth
on 8/31/11 2:06 pm - MN
Those are all SUPER NSV's. Savor all the little changes as well as the big ones. This journey is made up of many of both!

Congratulations and keep us the wonderful work.

Brenda

kaydemo
on 8/31/11 10:02 pm - TX
Way to go!! Congratulations!
Lynnww666
on 9/1/11 2:53 am - Canada

Loving your NSVs and your humour... you're doing great. Keep up the good work. I'll be checking out your blog for sure.
Lynn

Quien quiera pescado que se moje el culo
Dec. 2010 weight 355, surgery weight 292 Current weight 199

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 270 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views