Love my surgeon!

fypcdqt
on 9/11/11 8:39 am - Cumming, GA
I woke up this morning and 3 of my 4 steristrips had come off.  They look nice and closed, one is almost invisible already (11 days out!).  Unfortunately, my largest incision also decided the last steristrip should come off, and it is nowhere near closed!  I got some gauze and tape and covered it up, got ready and went to church.  By the end of service, my incision was hurting!  I got home and called my surgeon's office, left a message with his answering service and got a call back before I could even walk to the kitchen!

He was so kind and asked questions about any leakage/bleeding/etc. and the pain.  Because I don't have a fever and there is minimal clear fluids around it, he told me to keep it dry and if anything changes come in tomorrow.  My 2 week follow up is Wednesday, so I'm hoping this stays the same until then.

It was just so nice to hear his concern and know that my questions weren't a bother to him on a Sunday morning.  For those considering VSG, be sure to consider your post op care from your surgeon as well.  Having access to your surgeon no matter the day or time is huge!

Amy

nilesmama08
on 9/11/11 11:21 am - Atlanta , GA
Thanks for letting me know! My surgery is on Wednesday morning.
fypcdqt
on 9/11/11 11:26 am - Cumming, GA
You will do great! Just follow his instructions and call his office with any concerns. I will be there Wednesday but just for my follow up. I am sure you will be in recovery. So excited for you!

Carly ~
on 9/11/11 4:10 pm
 Our surgeons are very special people.. Heaven-sent : )

I'm so glad yours is so caring and genuinely concerned for your health.

Just keep the incision clean.  When it's not leaking, let the air get to it when you can.   I'm sure you'll make it to Wednesday just fine!

All the best to you both!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 98 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 324 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 368 views