Strange Things Happening??

AnnieG_1977
on 9/13/11 12:23 am - LA
I had my surgery on August 1 of this year, so I am a little over a month and half out and think that I have become lactose intolerant. Is this possible to become lactose intolerant after the surgery and I could have dairy products before with no problem? If I eat anything with milk in it, including cheese (doesnt matter what kind) I get nauseated. Any suggestions or anyone know if this can happen?

Thanks in advance.
Annie
joie_de_sleeve
on 9/13/11 12:29 am - IN
The same thing happened to me. Never had a problem with milk before but now, it's the best physic in the world.    I'm hoping it's just a phase and will pass. In the meantime, I've switched to Lactaid milk. I haven't had a problem with cheese or yogurt, though.

VSG 7/26/11

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

USAF Wife
on 9/13/11 12:33 am
Yep, happened to me, and it happens to a lot of us. I could still tolerate some cheeses, and greek yogurt, but milk (even skim) was completely out. Even at over 2 years out, drinking milk is not possible. I also can not tolerate whey protein since it's a milk product. I could tolerate some milk in in a bowl of cereal, but I ate it with a fork to strain the milk.

It's never really resolved for me. I still get cramps, diarrhea and gas with whey protein drinks.
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

C. Champion
on 9/13/11 12:44 am - Minneapolis, MN
Its the opposite for me. My doctor told me that being lactose intolerant means you can still tolerate cheese and yogurt, a dairy allergy means you cant even eat cheese or yogurt. Now I am one month post op and can eat cheese! Its so weird, the second week after surgery my doctor said I could have yogurt so I tried regular yogurt and it still made me sick, now a month later I can eat cheese with no problem. I dont know why it happens but it did. I couldnt eat any dairy before surgery, I had to have soy milk and soy protein shakes and things seem to be changing now so I am just going to go with it.
If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you've always got!
Highest Wt 344, Starting Wt 311, Surgery Wt 298, 1st Goal Wt 200.     

Hislady
on 9/13/11 10:54 am - Vancouver, WA

Try lactaid chewable pills they saved me when I turned lactose intolerant.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 398 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 426 views