chicken marinade/recipe.

Ashley O.
on 9/13/11 8:10 am
1/2 can of diced tomatos (with juice/water)
1 Tbsp of Chilli powder.
1 Tbsp italian seasoning
1 Ttbsp dried minced onion.
1 Tbsp pepper
1/2 tsp salt.

I put it all in a freezer bag with 3 chicken breast strips, left in in the fridge for two hours.. took it out and dumped it into a pan with one tbsp oil and cooked it all together.. took about 6 or 7 minutes per side of the chicken. i ended up cutting them all in half to cook them faster. each strip was originally about 2-3 oz.. so each half was about 1 1/2 oz. cooked the tomatoes too. and towards the end i threw in a few small pices of broccoli, to steam for about 2 minutes.. i added 1/4 cup of water.. let it simmer for about 5 minutes.. took out two of the 1 1/2oz pieces of chicken and a spoonfull of the diced tomatoes/broccoli.. put the rest in a container in the fridge.

probably the easiest 3meals ive ever made for myself in my life.. I was cleared to have chicken (that isnt canned) finally, a few days ago.. so ive been trying out different things. theres not much food in my house but i found the chicken in the back of my freezer... and spices i never even knew we had.. haha. This turned out really well. glad i tried it.

I'm about to post it on my blog so i thought i'd share it here aswell.

have a good day. (:

-ashley.

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone is fighting some kind of battle."
~

Check out my blog? (: www.ourfightnow.net
~

hollykim
on 9/13/11 8:52 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
Good for you! Hide the leftovers so no one else will steal them,lol!

francislicious
on 9/14/11 12:14 am
Yuuuuuuuumy that sounds DELICIOUS! I was also cleared as of Monday to eat Chicken so I must try this receipe.  I had a chicken drum yesterday for dinner and today I'm having the leftovers another chicken drum....i sauteed in w/a little of tomato sauce, onions & green peppers and all my other seasonings and it came out great...but I did it w/rice for my kids and hubby...like a chicken rice type of thing except I'm not eating the rice...

Have a good one and thanks a bunch for sharing w/us!

HW: 290 CW: 240 1st GW: 200 GW: 180 HT: 5'8"

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 144 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 417 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 437 views