CO-PAY

nmcewen
on 9/13/11 8:15 am - CA
VSG on 10/17/11 with
34 Days before my surgery they tell me I have a 10% co-pay. WHY could they not tell me this a year ago! Now I have 34 days to come up with $1,501.59 and Kaiser does not care.
Nicole    
(deactivated member)
on 9/13/11 8:26 am - MD
OMG I just went through this last week a month before my surgery!!!! I was not told by my surgeons office but when I called there because I had read another story on here then I was told I would need 10% as well about 1400. I was livid had I not called and asked I would have been totally blind sided by the hospital when they would have sent me a letter telling me I owed this closer to my date!!!! I asked the same question why not tell me this 6 months ago when i started this program!!! I am still working with the hospital to arrange a payment plan, they want half down which I cannot afford so I have a tentitive plan with them. Fight with the hospital it is the hospital usually that wants the 10% up front I was told after that the surgeon and the anesthesian are paid in full. Good Luck to you I feel your anquish!!!!
cariveau98
on 9/13/11 8:29 am
What type of plan do you have with Kaiser?
bumble-bee
on 9/13/11 8:33 am - GA
I have Kaiser and My surgery is set for 10-19-2011 and no one has mentioned a 10% co-pay.  Do you have a deductible?  I do.
Lady T

Eileen36
on 9/13/11 10:08 am - PA
Do you have to pay it before surgery? I had to pay about the same, but I didn't get the bill until afterwards. I paid it in three installments, and the hospital didn't have an issue with it.

Plastics with Dr. Sauceda 6/8/12!! - LBL, BL/BA, Arm Lift & Medial Thigh Lift             
Janelle L.
on 9/13/11 10:09 pm - Lakeland, FL
I have United HC and had to pay AT MY PREOP appt with no warning my program fee and about $600 tacked on last minute for deductible and surgeons fees. Even though my insurance covers my surgery "100%".

Nothing like getting the SHOCKER with no warning to ruin your excitement! Thank god for flexpay!!!
  "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!"
  HW 375. CW 296 GW 200

nmcewen
on 9/14/11 2:21 am - CA
VSG on 10/17/11 with
They will not work out anything with me. NOW they tell me I have a 10% deductable. When Kaiser says "It is covered" do NOT believe them! Call member services 3 times and make sure you always get the same answer. I told Kaiser I think THEY should pay for their lack of communication....we will see what they say. Otherwise I will have to pull money off of my 401K and be texed like crazy. After 30 years of being with Kaiser, they really dropped the ball on this one.
Nicole    
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 158 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 430 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 449 views