Approved ..........

jstang003
on 9/15/11 6:02 am - GA
 I got my approval from my insurance yesterday morning so i am pretty happy and i'll give cigna there props they were awsome and super quick 3 days!!!

but now i'm  waiting for the surgeons office to set up some tests . How long from approval to surgery i was hoping oct 3 is that unrealistic? 

Also i am looking at liquid protiens as i dont usally like any of those prepackaged type drinks. Which are the best in your opinion ? and which no taste protein powder really has no taste?
also has anyone used powdered egg whites as they are super high in protien and mix well with low sugar juices?

thanks
Amy 2bhealthy
on 9/15/11 6:07 am - STL Metro, IL
VSG on 09/13/12
Congrats, that's great news!! 

I think all protein has taste, they don't make tasteless, just unflavored. It still has the protein smell and taste. I personally really like Unjury Chocolate splendor. I like their unflavored also to add into things.

Good luck!

Amy

Revision: Realize band to VSG....loving my sleeve!! 

leigh0768
on 9/15/11 6:19 am - King, NC
Congrats !! That is awesome !!  It took a month from the day I was approved to surgery date.  Good luck !  I know you are so happy you can hardly stand it.  I remember that feeling well !
Zippydoo
on 9/15/11 6:46 am
I was approved two days ago and the office called that same day to set up all my upcoming appointments.  My labs are set 5 days prior to surgery however the nurse said labs cannot be done prior to 30 days pre surgery.  I am scheduled for Oct 12, so not to far out; however it depends on your surgeons schedule and when they can put you on the list.  Don't worry it will be here before you know it and in the meantime, if they are anything like mine I have to now take a 4-hour preop class, meet with an RN, have labs done and then meet with the surgeon.  So pretty busy up until the surgery date.  Hope this help a little and wishing you well regarding your surgery.
tman0730
on 9/15/11 12:05 pm
Congratulations!! I know what an exciting feeling it is.  i just got my approval on monday.  Can't help you with the protein stuff as I am still learning that myself.  As for how long, I guess it depends on how fast appts and test are scheduled and how far out your surgeon is already booked! 

BEST of Luck to you! Keep us posted on your surgery date! 
jstang003
on 9/15/11 1:07 pm - GA

Oh Congrats !!!! to you to. It does make you feel like aaahhh ok i am truley on my way. Keep me informed on your stuff since i think we are both kinda in the same place and we can share on the same level. All the best

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 167 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 444 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 464 views