Adult topic- weight loss can have a negative side effect for men

jbskaggs
on 9/16/11 3:56 pm - holt, MO
 I discovered a unappealing aspect of weight loss during sex.  As I lose weight more of my maleness is revealed and it hurts my wife and sometimes me.  There are now certain positions that we cannot do at all because it hurts her.  We have always had a strong sex life but this makes me sad as I dont ever want sex to be painful for either of us.

Has anyone else faced this? If so how did you handle it?

USAF Wife
on 9/16/11 10:14 pm
It was painful for us as well except I was the one who had lost weight. Our hip bone**** our sternums were brusied, and certain positions were impossible and still are to this day. Sadly, it'll just take some creativity on your part, and lots of communication. My husband is naturally thin, physically fit and downright boney so it was not a good combination for us when I lost so much weight.

Least to say, it did cause a lot of frustration, but we figured out what would work and went from there.
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

Stephanie M.
on 9/17/11 12:00 am
I'd wager that the pain happens when you go deep enough to hit her cervix. If your wife tracks her cycles, try only doing the deeper penetrating positions around ovulation. At that time her cervix will withdraw to its highest position and should be out of the way. At most other times of the month the cervix rides very low and can really hurt when it happens to get poked. Stick to shallower stuff then.
Hope this helps.

High weight: 276

Lowest weight: 155.2

Currently : 159-164

Couch potato to runner in 18 months!                         

jbskaggs
on 9/17/11 4:32 am - holt, MO
 Thanks that is exactly what's happening.

JB

Carmelita
on 9/17/11 1:39 am - Four Corners, NM
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 268 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 328 views