Days where you forget to eat/drink?

jennifer K.
on 9/18/11 10:32 pm - OH
Hi!

This weekend I had this happen twice.  I  was running around on Saturday with my family - shopping and having a good time.  All of a sudden I got really tired and became really crabby and short with everyone.  I went out to the car drank some water and ate 1/4 of a protein bar and within minutes I was feeling more normal.  The same thing happened again on Sunday I was hosting a party and was busy getting ready that I forgot to eat/drink and had to stop because I could feel the grouchies/tiredness coming on.  Again once I ate and drank I was fine.  Normally I am on top of what I eat /drink for the day - but because I don't get that "starving" feeling anymore - I can accidently eat under my calorie range. 

Just wanted to know if anyone else experiences this too?
Jennifer
HW:330, Class W: 300  SW: 279 (7/13)
1m: 257 - 22 lbs/ 2m: 241 - 17 lbs/ 3m 231 - 10 lbs/ 4m  221 - 10 lbs/ 5m 210 -11lbs

acbbrown
on 9/18/11 10:43 pm - Granada Hills, CA
It could be easy to "forget" if I get really busy but before I leave, i always think ahead and and pack a cooler with my water and snacks if I'm going to be out for a while.

I don't like that feeling so I do everything to avoid it.

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

USAF Wife
on 9/18/11 10:48 pm
At over 2 years out, this my only true signal that I need to eat. My husband will say "please feed that little monster residing in your all of your cuteness". My stomach never growls, I never feel hungry, and I forget to eat all the time, and my only symptom is full on snarkiness and crankiness. I have gone 14-16 hours without eating, and I do the same thing. I get short, and snappy with people. It took a long time for me to recognize the pattern, but it's totally related. I eat on a schedule in my pregnancy, so I can only blame my off-kiltered moods on pregnancy at this point. But, when I'm not pregnant, I totally get the grouch monster when I don't eat.
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

Krazydoglady
on 9/18/11 11:05 pm - FL
Yes.  Even if I'm prepared, I get busy and forget -- particularly at work. I don't get hungry per se, rather I experience the crankies, as well. It's basically low blood sugar, in my case. I checked it a couple of times with my husband's glucose meter.  I eat very low carb, but even without the spikes and crashes associated with carbs, if you go long enough without eating your blood sugar will drop to the 'cranky' if not dangerous point.  Dehydration doesn't help, either. 

I'm not a big fan of protien bars, but I've found that they are a lifesaver when travelling in particular.  I took a box of Atkins DayBreak bars which are 10g of protien, 5 fiber, and 16 carbs including the fiber and sugar alcohol to Canada with me.  They came in handy more than once  particularly as an alternative to very over-priced airport food.

Carolyn  (32 lbs lost Pre-op) HW: 291, SW: 259, GW: 129.5, CW: 126.4 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 127 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 364 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 409 views