Frisco-DeConstructed Stuffed Bell Pepper

frisco
on 9/26/11 7:15 am

I was thinking Stuffed Bell Pepper.......Than got discouraged on food prep and baking time.....

Us sleevers can't cook for an hour to eat 3oz. !!!!!

So here is my De-Constructed Stuffed Bell Pepper.......5 minute meal !!!

I used Ground Chicken on this one....Tasty !

Not showing the Ketchup I put on.....grosses out some people....I love it on this dish for the tang !!!!

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

tripmom02
on 9/26/11 7:20 am - NJ
 YUM!

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

(deactivated member)
on 9/26/11 7:25 am
That looks great.  I do make the stuffed bell peppers pretty regularly.  My husband loves them and the keep very well.  I also make stuffed cabbage that is to die for, or so I've been told.  My husband has been know to make pretty amazing deals with me for a pot of stuffed cabbage.  It is a great fall dish, I make it with apples and cranberries.   Yum.
Paige V.
on 9/26/11 8:00 am - Gainesville, FL
would love the stuffed cabbage recipe, thats sounds divine!

visit my blog at www.thenursemommy.com!
start weight-288 pre-op -5lbs month 1-23lbs month2-14lbs month 3-minus 13lbs month4-minus 12lbs month5-13lbs month 6-8lbs   GOAL-21months out after having a post-WLS baby!

(deactivated member)
on 9/26/11 8:17 am
My recipe comes from my grandmother, so there is no recipe per se, just me watching what she did and remembering the taste and texture.  I did find a recipe that is quite similar and thought you would like it.  It does have quite a bit of carbs so you might think about substituting to make it lighter on the carbs.

http://www.bigoven.com/recipe/156045/miriam-steinbergs-stuffed-cabbage-with-cranberry-sauce

You can also look around for a stuffed cabbage recipe that uses fresh cranberries and apples.  It looks and tastes quite festive.
lmreadynow
on 9/27/11 6:00 am
 Thanks, Elina!  Sounds wonderful.. l've bookmarked it for MUCH farther down the road;). l can't wait.

l'm from a Polish family- we always use tomato soup for the sauce., sometimes mixed with cream of mushroom soup...lf you can find a low-sugar soup, all the better, or water  down the soup with tomato sauce or low-fat milk of choice..

HW291  SW279  l'm 5'7"        
frisco
on 9/26/11 8:21 am

Stuffed Cabbage........!!!!!

Kinda interested on the deals ????

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

(deactivated member)
on 9/26/11 8:31 am
What do you want to know, stuffed cabbage is a specialty of mine.  If you take a head of cabbage and cut out the core with a knife and then submerge it in boiling water for a little while, the cabbage wilts and you can stuff the leaves with whatever you like.  It is delicious.  I like mine to have a sweet and sour taste.  I achieve that with apples and cranberries.  I also make a tomato sauce to go over it.  It is yummy.  It does take a bit of prep work but it freezes beautifully.
ruggie
on 9/26/11 7:30 am - Sacramento, CA
I still don't see the link that I can click on to buy your book....

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

lmreadynow
on 9/27/11 5:54 am
 l really laughed out loud at this one!  l'm glad it was you this time - l'm afraid of sounding like a freaking broken record!!!!

HW291  SW279  l'm 5'7"        
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 402 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 430 views