Getting sleeved next week!

Carlen T.
on 9/28/11 6:23 am - Fort Wayne, IN
So, I'm getting sleeved next Thursday! But, I am obsessing about everything!!!! Packing for the hospital, packing for my husband, cleaning the house, cleaning out the cupboards, laundry (are you getting the picture?).

I'm not so nervous about the surgery any longer, it is just the OCD behavior about everything. I even went so far as to tell my husband what to do in the event that things went wrong (and I am talk dead wrong) and he wasn't too happy about that.

Has anyone one else had this happen? Or, have I gone completely across the bend and need and funny white coat?

thanks all

Carlen

Carlen T        

Karen-Adventure
on 9/28/11 6:54 am
You are getting ready for a whole new life...of course it is normal.  My goodness I started getting stuff ready the minute I had a date.  Of course I only knew my date about 3 weeks in advance but hey it worked for me.  Do whatever you feel you need to do to prepare so you can relax as much as possible and not worry about home.  Good luck on your surgery!

Flavia_B2011
on 9/28/11 8:12 am
 Wow -- I am doing the same thing! I am making lists of everything I must accomplish prior to my surgery -- maybe it's a good thing, as the closer one gets to having any major thing happen in their life, the more one feels the necessity to complete tasks & put things in order! Please don't overdo it, though..it's time to also get that extra rest now, that will give you the strength you'll need in the coming weeks. I'm scheduled on Oct. 13 and I want to do it all now so I can relax later.. LOL!   Best wishes to you & God Bless!
(deactivated member)
on 9/28/11 8:10 am - MD
I am doing the same exact thing my surgery is Tues the 4th and my bag is packed, I have deep cleaned my apt closets are next, washing all my laundry tomorrow, have my list on my fridge so i don't forget anything, at work my cover while i am out has been well trained, i have typed up emails to different people in the company that need to know who to contact while I am out, etc so YES I get the picture I am so prepared it's not funny! My cupboards and freezer are stocked with all my essentials and my Advanced Directive has been givien to my surgeon so I get it believe me I get it
Sweet_56
on 9/28/11 9:57 am - Saskatchewan, Canada
First- Good Luck to all of you guys on here getting sleeved right away and a speedy recovery!!!!
I also had tons of anxiety prior to surgery and I was making list after list of things that needed to be packed..etc... I also had this irrational fear that I could die... I was almost obsessed with the thought of getting down there and dying on the table(how would I get back to canada, who would bring me back, can I go back...etc...) I was pretty on edge the week before surgery... Once it was all said and done I felt soo silly for being such a worry wart about everything... I had to apologize lots to my Poor Fiance I had talked about it soo much that when they took me into surgery he was scared....
My Post-op suggestion... Relax and spend all the time you can with your loved ones incase something does happen instead of planning and preparing for something to happen...Since If you were to kick the bucket all that planning will probably go out the window anyways!!!
Best Wishes and Happy Losing!!

LilySlim - Personal pictureLilySlim Weight loss tickers 
My Video Log...  Follow as this Fat Canadian Shrinks!! 
www.youtube.com/user/TheShrinkingCanadian

Carlen T.
on 9/28/11 12:47 pm - Fort Wayne, IN
Thanks all! Glad to know my "abnormal" behavior is perfertly normal! Anyway, it gives me something to do besides worrying.

Hugs and best wishes
Carle

Carlen T        

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 132 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 392 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 423 views