First real NSV

amy3441
on 10/3/11 11:42 am - TX
So this is kind of a silly one too and possibly a bit TMI, but oh well...

Every day, I wear two rings: my engagement ring and my college ring. Up until today, I still felt like they were too tight almost. There I was, using the restroom at work, finishing up my business, and what do you know, my engagement ring slipped right off my finger and into the toilet bowl. I had no choice but to go in after it. lol

I've been struggling to notice any weight loss in my clothing or the way my body looks. This was a positive sign that there is definitely shrinkage going on - even if I had to disinfect myself afterwards!

fysicsgrl
on 10/3/11 11:51 am
Congrats, I think. 

I've had a hard time noticing my shrinkage when I look in the mirror.  I can tell in my clothes because my jeans are trying to fall off my butt.

amy3441
on 10/3/11 11:55 am - TX
I look at it as a NSV because my rings have been tight - especially my college ring. Now I have to be very careful to keep them on my fingers! I will be visiting a jewelry store soon for ring guards.

I haven't really noticed in my clothes yet. People say they see it in my face, but I can't yet. I know the pounds are coming off and that's good enough for me for now. Still, it was nice to have a physical confirmation - even if it meant I had to go into the toilet.

fysicsgrl
on 10/3/11 1:14 pm
I just noticed we are a month apart on surgeries and almost the same starting weight.

sunbeam409
on 10/3/11 1:58 pm
That is great!!  I know what you mean... I normally wear a ring on my right ring finger and it has gotten so loose that I had to move it to my middle finger.  Very exciting!!

VSG: 8/29/2011, Age:30, Height: 5' 6" (HW: 290) (SW: 280.8) (CW: 191.2) (GW: 160)
(Pre-op -9.2) (M1 -20.4) (M2 -16) (M3 -13.4) (M4- 10.8) (M5- 15.2) (M6- 7.8) (M7- 7.2)
Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 62 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 62 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 241 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 309 views