back home.. move over on that bench!

dawn S.
on 10/12/11 5:49 am - NJ
hi everyone :)  Back home after VSG yesterday morning.  So far very uneventful.  Had 3 jello and one chicken broth and workin on the water. Does broth count toward your water intake?  Not really too much in the pain dept except for incisions are tender, gas not bad. cant tell if im hungry or not.. how do you know when it is time to put more in?
  HW: 245  SW:225.5  GW:165

ChristineTX1970
on 10/12/11 6:11 am - TX
Glad your are doing well and back home.

Looking at my paperwork, the broth would count toward the goal of 64oz of clear liquids for the day.

Mr-Smith
on 10/12/11 6:46 am, edited 10/12/11 6:46 am - Hillsdale, MI
I have to watch the clock to know when to eat again.  Sometimes I get some signals like I'm running out of energy or getting grumpy but most the time I have to eat on a schedule or I lose track of time and before i know it, my last meal was breakfast and I am looking at dinner.

I'm glad your surgery went well, when I woke up and was like "hey, not dead!" I figured the rest would be doable...

(deactivated member)
on 10/12/11 7:41 am
Congrats & welcome aboard!

All fluids count, and get in as many as you can.. Jello filled me up too much early out, I was on clears (Jello allowed) for 10 days and I just was welded to my water bottle filled with flavored water, diluted G2, or diluted protein the entire time! Early out there's no specific time to put more in.. just constant sipping.. Dehydration is the most common complication, and it can sneak up on you fast. Just bumped the "how to get 64oz in" for new-ops post.. 

dawn S.
on 10/12/11 8:15 am - NJ
so far the water is going down smooth..  makes me alittle nervous that i didnt loose   enough tummy lol  i think im going to work on a sf popsickle now something not so blah like cherry.   I think i feel hungry but cant tell 4 sure.
  HW: 245  SW:225.5  GW:165

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 135 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 393 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 424 views