4 days post-op :)

sourcherriex
on 10/17/11 3:25 am - CA
Hey guys! I just wanted to check in and say I'm ok! :) And figured I'd share my experience for the pre-ops.

Surgery was Thursday 10/13. I came home Saturday 10/15. I've had a lot of pain since day 1 and I am still taking my pain meds religiously.

My best friends have been my heating pad and ice water. I am on full liquids but yogurt seems to just sit uncomfortably in my sleeve and the chicken broth is also making me feel uncomfortable. I am drinking milk and orange juice along with some protein drinks. I am full on 2 oz of anything other than water and I have to wait about an hour before I try to take in any more. I am not getting all my protein in yet but I am trying. I get about 30 grams at this point. I'm just trying to stay hydrated. I got a heating pad to help with the gas pains and it has helped SO much. Also I got on my exercise bike and just pedaled really slow. That also helped. My intestines were like sooo asleep, I just couldn't pass gas! So if you're having any trouble with gas pains.. those are my 2 suggestions. Today I got up from a laying position all by myself for the first time! Woohoo! :) I was proud of myself, haha.

I was 324 lbs on surgery day (they weighed me right before surgery) and when I got home I was 330 from IV fluids. Today I'm 316. I know its jus****er weight but it feels good seeing it come off.

So that's pretty much it for me lately. I'm still in pain from my large incision - it hurts like crazy and it feels like my gas tends to gravitate toward it so all the pain is in that one area.

How's everyone else doing that's had surgery recently?! :)
 ~Marisa~

tkp2770
on 10/17/11 4:34 am
Hey... I had surgery the day before you!!!
So sorry to hear you r having pain etc...
My surgeon suggested I move around as
Much as possible as it seams to work out the
Soreness ... I have had pain meds 4 times
Since I came home on Friday... But the gas
Pain is no joke and it is still lingering a bit...
Happy healing

dawn S.
on 10/17/11 4:50 am - NJ
Hey girls... had mine tues came home wednesday afternoon.  Feel OK except for upper left side of abdomen and middle incision.  They pull like mad. no pain med since I left, full liquids with only things not clear are protien drinks.  Over did it alittle yesterday and paying today.  Gas pain gone just the drain making me miserable!  I want soup!! and cheese.. I really want cheese  feel good all .. Dawn
  HW: 245  SW:225.5  GW:165

bklyncat58
on 10/17/11 4:52 am - NJ
had surgery the 13th to . the gas pains were bad and that first fart I thought I was going to die. LOL . It's getting a little better still feel a little nauseous and I still feel hungry whats that about? but keep drinking water and broth . sf ice pops fill me up more I can eat 2 at a time and they fill me up. feel better and keep in touch since we are surgery twins I came home sat. also
Limeaide1
on 10/17/11 8:22 am - Olympia, WA
Oh my gosh, I'm not alone! That one incision hurts like crazy. That is really all that hurts right now. I'm just trying to drink water like crazy to keep the headaches away. I've been able to tolerate water, protein drinks, soup, a little bit of pudding, and of course SF popsicles. I still feel so run down. Hoping each day that I can get more fluids will help. I just have to say that having everyone on this board has meant the world to me and I LOVE reading everyone's experiences! Thanks so much for posting!

sourcherriex
on 10/17/11 10:21 am - CA
Yeah I couldn't figure out why its been so painful there. I finally figured out that my gas was moving right to that incision. Gas x strips plus walking plus heating pad has dissolved most of that pain.
 ~Marisa~

doggz109
on 10/17/11 4:19 pm - CA
VSG on 01/12/12
YAY!!  Good to hear....I was wondering how you were doing.  Sounds like you are doing great and in a good place mentally.  Kick some butt!
sourcherriex
on 10/17/11 4:44 pm - CA
Aww thanks! Feeling pretty good. And you'll be joining me someday soon so we can kick butt together right?! :P
 ~Marisa~

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 76 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 279 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 332 views