Almost an uh-oh...

amy3441
on 10/19/11 11:32 am - TX
So I had my first almost "uh-oh" moment today. I am almost 2 months out from surgery and am on soft foods. I don't do any sweets (one- because they're not typically "soft" and two- because I don't want to start that slippery slope). Well, today I was in a training class. After lunch they had cookies out for the class. Without even thinking, I walked over and grabbed one and walked back to my seat with it. I sat there for a minute with the cookie sitting there in front of me. I even broke off a tiny piece. Then I thought to myself - "what the heck are you doing?" It was the first time that I was actually tempted to have something I shouldn't have, and I honestly didn't really even wanted. Once I realized it, I snatched the cookie up and threw it promptly in the trash can. Solidifies even more that this will definitely be an ongoing battle with myself for a while, but I was proud of myself that I didn't even take a nibble!

thisbe777
on 10/19/11 12:00 pm
sometimes all it takes is that brief moment to stop and ask yourself "is this going to get me where i want to go, or is it going to get in my way?"

props to you for taking that moment!

keep up the good work (but if you slip now and then, don't whip on yourself -- it's not the end of the world...  it just means you are human...  the goal is to make better choices more often than poor ones..)

jeris

To live would be an awfully big adventure -- Peter Pan

(deactivated member)
on 10/19/11 12:30 pm
Good for you!  Thats the way to get to goal one cookie sooner! 
(deactivated member)
on 10/19/11 12:56 pm
Yep. We have to learn the balance between temporary pleasure and long-lasting happiness. Good for you!
2muchfluff
on 10/19/11 1:17 pm
 Yay, you!!!  That is an accomplishment.

Lisa D.
on 10/19/11 2:19 pm - New Orleans, LA
Good job!!  I put a piece of sugar glaze in my mouth the other day at work (HoneyBaked Ham) and it was if I had put my finger in an electric socket as I realized what I did and spit it out!  Got a laugh out of my crew.  Even though I am ready to add a few calories back in to start maintenance they won't be coming from crazy things like sugar and other addictive carbs.  That is what is so great about the sleeve.  Especially early on, while you are still learning the ropes, you can't over eat.  Down the road, after realizing the joys of being healthy, you don't want to over eat .  Keep it up!
I am not big boned!  Bones don't jiggle!         

Happy966
on 10/20/11 5:36 am

Great job!  I find it gets easier the longer I'm away from the trigger foods.  I look forward to following your progress!

:) Happy

53 yrs old, 5'6" HW: 293 ConsW: 273 SW: 263 CW: 206

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 59 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 59 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 239 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 309 views