I successfully conquered my first stall....

Sweet_56
on 10/26/11 9:52 am - Saskatchewan, Canada

without losing my mind... haha... I was starting to get slightly worried that the scale had not moved at all in over a week, and when I weighed this am I was down 5 pounds... (WHEW) I know that everyone will experience one and they are to be expected, but when it happens your heart skips a beat... Last week.. It said I had gained 2 pounds when I stepped onto the scale after spending 2 days working out hard and doing a great deal of walking. I have a feeling that the stall may have been influenced by my monthly issue to boot... I spent the week monitoring everything...Protein, water, exercise and the scale just didn’t want to budge... So I am guessing what happened last week was... I hit my first (of many I’m sure) Stall...  I’m relieved that this am the scale moved down, and I am hoping that I can keep the momentum up. I have been sticking mainly to premier protein in the am, and chicken breast for my other protein and mixed veggies as my sides... I found that I am able to eat scrambled eggs, but fried/over hard eggs don’t go down well at all...

LilySlim - Personal pictureLilySlim Weight loss tickers 
My Video Log...  Follow as this Fat Canadian Shrinks!! 
www.youtube.com/user/TheShrinkingCanadian

Jackie00
on 10/26/11 10:18 am
lucky you , still sitting on the wall and waiting
Sleeved 15-Sept-2011 HW 294 Pre op weight 285 SW 279 GW 145?
Pre op 6 lbs lost, M1 - 23 lbs M2 - 11 lbs M3 - 12 M4 - 6 M5 -10 M6 -10 M7 -7 M8 - 4 M9 - 4
M10- 4 M11 - 5 M12 - 0

slimpickins5280
on 10/26/11 10:52 am - CO
Way to go! I've stalled at just a week out.

Not worried about it. Just staying on my Doc's plan and getting all my protein and liquids.

Now you know what to expect and that you can get through it.

That's awesome.

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

Jennifer S.
on 10/26/11 12:20 pm
I know that not losing weight can be frustrating.  Some of the best advice I received from my surgeon (and here!) was to measure myself weekly.  Even when I haven't lost weight, the inches have continued to decrease.  This has helped me NOT stress myself out and cause a cascade of hormones that might influence my weight loss program. 

Here's an article someone posted recently that you may find helpful:

http://www.dsfacts.com/weight-loss-stall-or-plateau.html

Jennifer

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 272 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 329 views