I think I had my first sliming episode.. (maybe TMI)

quintons_mommy200

on 11/7/11 11:34 am
I was at a pure romance party, of all places, and ate 2 small meatballs and 1 cracker. All are within my doctor's expectations of me for dietary guidelines.. so.. I'm sitting there and feel what was almost like a weight in my throat.. felt really gross and uncomfortable.. I thought I needed to either burp or throw up, so I went to the bathroom. I barely got in the door and a massive wad of what looked like thick, clear snot came flying out of my mouth, beyond my control. Luckily I made it to the sink.. I thought the issue was resolved. Went back out to the party.. and it ended up happening probably 5 times.

The girl hosting was a good friend of mine, and made me feel ok about staying though I thought I should leave.. and it did eventually stop.. but holy yuck! What in the world is that slime and where does it come from?!?!?! 

Will def watch what I'm eating better.. guessing I was eating too fast.. chatting.. taking in air.. just not my finest meal, I don't guess.

Carpe_Diem
on 11/7/11 12:42 pm - Mississauga, Canada
Oh yeah, that's called the foamies.  I get them often.  It's mostly saliva and it's amazing how much I salivate when my stomach won't accept anymore material.  In a way you are lucky, I usually take about 1/2 hour before it comes up and there is a very uncomfortable pressure in my chest.  Curiously, the one time I did foam quickly, I did it about 5 times in 90 minutes.  The good news, if there is any, is that I don't get that terrible taste in my mouth because nothing comes up from the stomach.  Overall though, pretty nasty.
                                     GRAVITY SUCKS  
          LEAD, FOLLOW, or GET OUT OF THE WAY !     
MrsClaus09
on 11/7/11 8:13 pm
Yikes!  Sorry that happened and I'm so thankful it's never happened to me!
My journey:   http://abowlfullofjelly.blogspot.com/ w/ March 2011 Sleevers List
"Sleeve Santa Sleeve!"

HW: 309 ~ PreOpW: 306 ~ SW: 293 ~ CW: 184  
davjon2010
on 11/8/11 1:48 am

It is called the foamies and it comes from eating too fast and for me too much some times. I am working on slowing down but if you are even close to being too close to being full it can happen. The way I know that I cut it to close is I start to sneeze and I have taken Gas-X to give my tummy some room to process what's there and within an hour if I can get the gas out I will be okay. I have only had 2 episodes, but one was too much. Even eating the right portion if there is more gas than normal and you are eating too fast, than you can get a similar reaction. And that is why slowing down has helped.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 98 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 324 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 368 views