has this happened to you

mstiffany2u2
on 11/12/11 10:39 pm - VA
im only 5 days post op and right now i would love to eat.....like im seriously hungry...im not sure how much my little tummy could hold but i want a meal...is this normal....or is it im just tired of liquids....and another thing normally to relieve gas i would drink a ginger ale but of course now thats out of the question....my Dr has stated gas X is fine...has anyone used them to seek some type of relief 

dreamingthin1
on 11/12/11 10:44 pm - miami, FL
Maybe it's in your head.  WE are so use to eating all the time.  Try to put your mind on something else.  At five days out, I didn't want any food what-so-ever. 

mstiffany2u2
on 11/12/11 10:53 pm - VA
thanks...and i dont think its helping that my mom is cooking bacon and eggs...so i think im going for a walk...and this gas i could be mistaken it for hunger pains...its not like a fatigue hunger...i think my body is telling me something is missing that its use to having....i will go for a walk when my family eats and maybe this will help me out....

percheron
on 11/12/11 11:04 pm
I have always been one of those people who could eat for ANY occasion. 

Happy, sad, mad, tired, awake, watching someone cook, smelling food...you name it, it was a trigger to eat. 

I have not had any hunger feelings really, but I do have head hunger set off by smells and even sounds of bacon cooking away makes me want some.

The best thing you can do is realize these are just triggers, not your body really telling you you are hungry.  Be sure to drink your water and get the protein in each day that you should.

You are early out from surgery so I know this might be hard right now, but keep working on it and it will get better.

I can now cook whole meals and it does not "bother" me as much as it use to.  I still want a taste just because it smells good, but 9 times out of 10, don't. 

Getting your mind and body busy with something that is not food oriented is a good idea...walk, read, write, draw...what ever you want.  My escape is outside and photography...they can take me hours away from thinking about food.

Congrats on your surgery.  You will do wonderful...just keep asking questions as they come up.  The people on here have been a blessing for my journey.

Kathy

MYLIFEJOURNEY
on 11/13/11 2:17 am
Hey.  How are you.  I myself had visions of food...and even tried it once....BAD DO NOT DO THIS, YOU CAN GET VERY SICK. FOR REAL...visit my page, and read exactly what I am talking about.  Something that helps me, is coloring with my daughter...it's very therapautic...it is!  She keeps me moving most of the time, and I am an even neater freak than I was before this procedure, which I had not too long ago 10-24-11.  Life has been better-I have lost some weight already, and the food cravings are still there sometimes.  I fight them, especially after my not-so-great episode.  Add me as a friend, and we can future chat, you can ask me or share your own stories with me. I will be more than happy to help you if I can.  BTW.  I don't know about anybody else, but I take my pepcid AC-and it seems to help with keeping me full...? might sound strange, that could be all in my head...hey, if it works so be it...LOL.   Anyways...be true to you-Don't eat anything you want right now, it's really not worth it. Yahuwah Bless You.

(deactivated member)
on 11/12/11 11:09 pm, edited 11/12/11 11:10 pm - WA
VSG on 01/05/12
Walking is best for you to get away from temptation, also walking will help break up and release gas. My wife's Dr. told her to bring Gas-X strips with her to help with gas pains.

Charles
BethR311
on 11/12/11 11:46 pm - Fort Wayne, IN
Are you on an acid reducer such as generic Prilosec? Stomach acid can feel like hunger.

You have a great attitude and that's half the battle!

Open yourself to possibility and possibility will present itself.
BETHC500
on 11/13/11 12:12 am
Drink plenty of fluids, make sure your getting the reccommended grams of protein at regular intervals during the day (like every three hours), and its a good idea to do something to occupy your mind. When were busy head-hunger is easier to defeat.  Also make a list of your goals- non scale goals like getting into a much smaller size, wearing a particular dress, running up a flight of steps, anything that really inspires you and keep it with you.  The feelings of head-hunger are not as strong as something you would absolutely love to accomplish.  Also Gas X strips helped me alot...
heardb
on 11/13/11 12:28 am - GA
Hey Tiff,
 Welcome to the Club! My advice is to stay focused, remember why you had the surgery and use that to fuel your fight. Head hunger is a mutha, Like the old song from the Ghetto Boys, "My mind is playing tricks on me!" It's real, my first week out I remember waking up tounge hurting like hell from having food dreams and chewing my tounge in my sleep. Fight the GOOD Fight and hang in there.
MYLIFEJOURNEY
on 11/13/11 2:12 am
 you are funny!  I need funny.  Most times, the sleeve is not funny.  So, if you'd like, check out my page...and add me as a friend, I will accept....laughter is the BEST medicine.  If the Heavenly Creator tells me that, I sure believe him.  So, what did you take for the tongue pain.  ROFL.   The sleeve was my choice, and I have not one regret.  Except when I tried eating turnip.....whoooooh bad choice.   LOL.  Sometimes, I feel like I am stuck in a non-eating sleeve of wanting foods that I know I shildn't want.  It is head-metal abuse hunger...i will always try to run from it.  How?  still figuring that one out...I have become a cleaning freak.  My house is looking mighty nice lately...even moreso then before, and I was OCD about cleaning before-imagine that. LOL. ttys. Any good jokes about sleeves?

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 132 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 391 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 422 views