Questions for initial surgeon selection

erikalea1970
on 11/17/11 1:01 am - NJ
VSG on 06/11/12
I saw someone else had recently asked for good questions for pre-op, but I'm looking for more general initial questions to ask when choosing a surgeon.

I've seen already mentioned to ask how many sleeves he/she has performed, what the rate of infection is, and what they do to prevent leaks.  Any other thoughts?  Do you think these are all appropriate for a general info group meeting ("Surgical and Non-Surgical Options for Weight Loss" is the title - half-hour session.)

Thanks for any ideas!
DANIELLE H.
on 11/17/11 1:12 am - ADAMSTOWN, MD
Alot of your questions will be answered in the session, however if you have more questions I would ask.  If they don't feel they can answer them in a group they will let you know and I would draw a flag. A good surgeon doesn't have anything to hide. 
Finding a good surgeon and the right one for you can be challenging.  If it doesn't feel right it probably isn't.

GOOD LUCK.
   HW 296 SW 247.5 (11-14-11)

Faye56
on 11/17/11 1:44 am
VSG on 07/19/11 with

Ask what size bougie he uses and if it is that size for everyone.

"Encourage instead of criticize.  Love instead of hate.  Hope instead of doubt. Give instead of take.  Trust instead of worry.  We open our hearts to others so that they will be prompted to open their hearts to God"  Lucy Swindoll

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 45 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 45 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 201 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 283 views