Craving Sweets!

breekahouse
on 11/18/11 3:37 am
So, for the past couple of days, I have been craving something sweet immediately following lunch.  I eat a good lunch.  Today it was 3oz baked salmon, 1/2c (probably less) of collard greens and 1/2 ounce of cheese.  Now all of a sudden I want something sweet even though i have no room in my belly and I am not technically hungry.  Yesterday when this happened, I waited a while and then went in search of something not horrible and settled on a nutrigran cereal bar.  It didnt really satisfy my craving and was hella high in carbs.  I NEVER eat cereal bars but it was the best that was available.

So what I am going to do instead today is go have a cup of coffee.  hopefully that will help and if I am still feeling the craving when i get home, I have some better alternatives on hand.

My question;'  what do you all do/have when you are craving sweets?
SW: 342 lbs / CW: 175lbs / GW: 150lbs
tillmadd
on 11/18/11 3:40 am - WI
 Will  a tsp. of peanut tbutter or nutella work for you?
HW 314    SW 297 Thanks for the season Packers! 15-2!!
**CW 234 month 1-23 month 2-14 month 3-13 month 4-11 

Ariana_Rose
on 11/18/11 3:41 am - NJ
VSG on 07/06/11 with
I allow myself to have a small taste of whatever it is that I am craving. It takes care of the craving, I feel satisfied. I know that if I do not allow myself to take that small bite or taste, I will do more damage to myself looking for something to kill the craving, rather than just a nibble of whatever it is I truly want.
vacationlover
on 11/18/11 4:17 am
(deactivated member)
on 11/18/11 3:47 am
VSG on 02/16/12
denise277
on 11/18/11 4:16 am - carteret, NJ
well i have nips candy it is carmel hard candy and it is suger free
breekahouse
on 11/18/11 4:30 am
I think thats what it is.  Its not just that I want something sweet.  I want something carby-sweet, like cake or something.  While I am no stranger to indulging in WHATEVER it is that I want from time to time (and sometimes more often than that), I am really trying to go hard to get off these last 30lbs and I feel that I shoudl wait until later on - like after dinner - because i also start to crave something caby sweet at that time.  Usually some 0% greek yogurt with sugar free fat free instant pudding (powder) mixed in does the trick.  I dont think its gonna work today.  I want something sinful!  And its also something about Fridays that trigger the not so good eating thoughts.  i dont know...

Well for now, coffee seems to be doing the trick.  Can't say what will happen once I am off work, at home relaxing....

Thanks all!
SW: 342 lbs / CW: 175lbs / GW: 150lbs
Kitty1975
on 11/18/11 5:50 am - Canada
I am in maintenance now but even in the losing stage i still had my occasional sweet. That being said i made my own low carb cheesecake, carrot cake, chocolate brownie cake etc with almond flour.

what do you wanna be when you grow up little girl? i wanna be a loser and sit on the bench sir! (45 lbs lost pre op) 300lbs starting weight, currently 141lbs! Lowest has been 135lbs and hoping to get back to that.
Kristi_in_Kazoo
on 11/18/11 6:03 am
So far, my calcet creamy bites have helped my sweet cravings!   I too get them after every meal :(
https://www.celebratevitamins.com/shop/calcium/creamy-bites. html

edelu
on 11/18/11 12:17 pm, edited 11/18/11 12:18 pm - los angeles, CA
Snap! i only do one a day after dinner because they have 5 grams of carbs and do regular calcium pills for the other doses but that creamy chocolate bite i look forward to. If you're no****ching carbs the skinny cow does a couple of chocolate treats all under 100cals.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 127 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 364 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 409 views