Travelling and No Way to Cook

riddle
on 11/19/11 1:16 am
I will be travelling for 3 days with no way to cook but with refrigeration.  I do not want to eat in restaurants too much as it will be too tempting.  I am looking for ideas from all of you on what I can pack and keep cool and follow my plan for breakfast, lunch, dinner and 2 snacks.

I am in the mushy stage so I will probably have protein shakes for the snacks.  I have some ideas but others would be very much appreciated.
pcannedy
on 11/19/11 1:36 am - Sacramento, CA
I traveled by car with an ice chest in my trunk to Texas from CA when I was 2 months post op.  I carried EAS low shakes, water, individual cottage cheese, yogart, and cheese sticks.  I would stop and get soft scrambled eggs, cream soups, mashed potatoes, or cream of wheat cereal.  I would have some lunch meat or meatballs at Subway,  or a piece of chicken, if fried, pull of skin.  

(deactivated member)
on 11/19/11 1:41 am
I just recently did this. Cooler for cheese, lunch meat, protien shakes, etc. Protein bars, peanut butter, nuts, fruit, etc. It's totally doable but not like you'll be eating gourmet LOL.
Krazydoglady
on 11/19/11 3:18 am, edited 11/19/11 3:18 am - FL
Pack a small cooler with some things like string cheese.  Also, the STarkist tuna lunch kits are fine for mushies (tuna salad).  You could pack some store-bought Hummus and Tabouli, greek yogurt. Cottage cheese is really good, as well.  I eat it at least once a day, now, and it's awesome while travelling.

Carolyn  (32 lbs lost Pre-op) HW: 291, SW: 259, GW: 129.5, CW: 126.4 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 401 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 428 views