AUGUST SLEEVERS PLS CHECK IN

Primyzia
on 11/22/11 9:39 am
VSG on 08/09/11 with

Hiiiiiiiiii  how u guys doing so far? well I'm OK I've been not eating like I'm supposed too I mean I eat less (not that hungry) I don't want to eat shakes and yogurt anymore even tho I should!!! any IDEAS?
I try to eat chicken (even tho its not my fav) fish,cheese and salads (I love) ....those are the good things..the really bad thing I do is not drink alot of water  I know I know I'm BAD  but I've been  really trying with that I like it better with crystal light its better that nothing...... COFFEE is my weakness  I NEED IT  ........
I did take like a week off from walking witch it was not very smart because I do feel better when I do BUT I started again.
I have not weighed my self for like 2 weeks, I'm scared,the scale didn't move for a few weeks before that, and I was going crazy I was on a stall and I was not very happy and I didn't want to weight myself anymore  
  sooooooooooo HOW YOU GUYS DOING???

http://youtu.be/Ax77weY-2D4       http://youtu.be/VYj-ru_iIVk 
            http://youtu.be/gE9e0k0u6xE     http://youtu.be/RgbP3MllMQ0 

percheron
on 11/22/11 9:52 am
I'm riding the "stall" train too. 

Actually gained about 5 pounds for a day and then dropped 2 the next day....today I was down another 1.4 so just .6 to go to be back to the 56 pound loss.

I am being good on food choices and just started swimming/arthritis water classes this week so am excited to have that added to my routine.  Should make a difference for sure.

I find I have a lot of head hunger and still...sorry, but still afraid of food as far as if it goes in my mouth, I obsess on if it is really needed and have to look at my paper over and over again to make sure it IS needed.  I think about food and where it plays in my life almost 24/7 and would like for that to get better and quit being the top thing on my mind and become just part of my routine as meal time comes around.

I get 60-70 grams of protein in a day and plenty of water...way over the minimum. 

So the 30th will be my 3 month mark and my goal is 60 pounds by then...I have 4.4 or so to go and it doesn't sound like much, but 4.4 right now with the stall is going to take a lot of work...thank goodness for the swimming now. 

Playing with recipes and different play on traditional things and it's fun and tasty so far.

Well, that's my update....who's next? 

Kathy

edelu
on 11/22/11 9:53 am - los angeles, CA
Hi Primyzia,

I was sleeved on august 1st.  I do great with the food thing and get all of my protein from it.  I'd decided i was going to be on a diet for the 1st 6 months and I'm doing fine (I don't really do processed food anyhow, so it's pretty east)  Getting my water in is easy i was always a big water drinker.  The weight loss had been slow all the way up to my third month. By month 3 I'd only lost 16lbs, excruciating.  I had labs done and went to a different doctor who told me to up my calories and protein which i did and this month Nov. I've lost 10lbs already.  So we'll see.  I started at 188lbs so i expected the loss to be slow just not this slow. I work out five days a week, cardio and weights.  All in all i feel good.  my energy levels are better and i haven't  eaten sugar since my surgery.   I don;t weigh every day so i don't know if I'd have stalls, I'm not the most patient of people.  Oh i was not much of a coffee drinker before but I've started drinking it.
Charlie S.
on 11/22/11 10:30 am
8/30/11 here!

I am doing GREAT!!!  So far so good, as far as I know.  Getting my water in is easy for me, as I have been only drinking water for the past year, cutting out all cold drinks and such.  I am down from about 80oz a day pre-op to about 60-70oz post, but that is just because of the restriction. 

Have had one stall at 3 weeks, and a mini stall last week.  However, overall I am very happy with my loss thus far.  I go to the gym at least 3x a week.  Have been going as much as 5x a week when I have the time and energy. 

Foodwise, been doing OK.  So far the only thing I have tried that I haven't been able to hold down was brown rice.  I ate about a teaspoon and thought I was going to throw it up.  MISERABLE.  Otherwise... eggs, beef, pork, salad, everything works well for me.  I have been able to stick to my Drs plan, and had no issues at all.

Good luck, LOSERS!!!!

HW:  429                     SW: 380                Height: 5'08"

Shershe793
on 11/22/11 10:59 am, edited 11/21/11 11:01 pm - Blanchard, OK
I am doing pretty good I think.. somedays I dont get in all my fluids.. being busy and all.. but most days I do.. I always take my vitamin supplements or I feel tired because my iron was low before surgery.. and afterwards at my 6 weeks labs.. not bad low but on the low side.. so dr advised to start back on iron supplements.

I dont think I am getting in my protein every day.. I always focus on eating protein first and then veggies.. but most of the time am full before I get to the veggies.. soo.. protein first. LOL.. I do find that I eat about every 3 hours or so.. sometimes longer if the protein has been pretty dense.. like chicken or beef. I do find myself eating some stuff I am not supposed to.. like cereal occasionally.. I do not eat rice.. I dont even want to feel miserable.

I have had pretty steady losses.. a few stalls.. but then a big loss after the stall.. other then that things are going steady and slow. I am happy so far with my weight loss since surgery.. down 53lbs since 8-2-11 and down 83lbs from heaviest weight.. WOOT!!
 HW 327 CW 231 GW 140 Surgery August 2nd, 2011..                     
fullohope
on 11/22/11 11:06 am
 Hi I am 3 months out and have lost 44 lbs post surgery.
I have been supplementing my diet with protein powder alot.
I can eat one ounce of fish/chicken/beef  and /or 1 egg and am full for a long time. 
I snack on dried black beans, edamame beans as well to increase my protein and fibre intake.
I drink 64-80 oz water per day. Was only able to drink 64 oz until a few days ago, seem to be able to get in a bit more which is great b/c i was always a big water drinker. 

The dietician advised i should be getting all my protein in with food, and to not use protein powder/drinks. 

I can't imagine getting all my protein in with food only. I am trying though. 

LOVING my sleeve!!!

Anukis
on 11/22/11 11:19 am - Edmonton, Canada
Hi,

I've been losing slow and steady - 40 lbs since surgery.  I'm happy with that as I'm unable to exercise much (fibro and more).

It's easy to get in over 80 oz of water or Crystal Light every day.  And I eat 3 to 4 meals a day, size varies, might just be a cube of cheese.  Almost always have Greek yogurt first meal of the day though. 

A couple of times I've made "bigger" meals thinking I'd be able to eat them, but the restriction holds true, so I realized after it was actually head hunger telling me I wanted more.  What a great tool!

Congrats everyone on your progress!!!

Primyzia
on 11/22/11 12:27 pm
VSG on 08/09/11 with
I'm sooooo happy everybody is doing great  I did forget to mention the head hunger YES I do have that  I hate it soooooo much and it sucks that we all have that  hopefully it will go away one day!!!
I will do better with the water intake all of you are doing wonderful with that, I'm really happy for you!!! I just need to make sure I drink at least 64oz everyday like its my job!!!! ........  

http://youtu.be/Ax77weY-2D4       http://youtu.be/VYj-ru_iIVk 
            http://youtu.be/gE9e0k0u6xE     http://youtu.be/RgbP3MllMQ0 

Pat H.
on 11/22/11 12:33 pm
Glad to see my fellow August sleevers! Had an uneventful recovery from surgery - thank goodness. Between the vets here and my doctor's food plan, the meal part of the process keeps getting easier. Am averaging between 500 to 600 cal, under 30 gms carbs and 60 to 70+ gms protein. Still need at least one protein drink to get the protein in. Daily exercise consists of an hour on the stationary bike and a walk with in the morning with my dog. I'm really happy with my sleeve and the changes I've made in my life. Good luck all!

SW - 234.5  GW - 140.5   Met Goal on 5/7/12  

VickyBT
on 11/22/11 12:37 pm, edited 11/22/11 12:37 pm - MI
Will be 3 months out Nov. 30th. Doing pretty good! Gone from a size 22 to 16!  Can't even remember the last time I could get into a size 16.   At least over 35 YEARS ago!  Shopping for clothing is now fun.  I seem to have a pattern of lose pounds over a period of 2 - 3 days then stall for a couple weeks, lose, stall,  so I guess that's how its going to go for me which is fine with me since I think losing real fast is hard on your body.  I don't have any problems with any foods I've tried so far. I never stuff myself and have never vomited from eating too much. Seems like my capacity has increased a little recently so I can eat more than just 1/4 cup which is nice. I'm really bad on getting all my water in.
I get distracted/busy and forget to drink.  Some days I'm lucky to get 2 quarts in.  I got sick of all the food documenting (I know, not good) so the last couple of weeks I'm not sure how much protein I've been eating daily but I always focus on protein when i eat but occasionally have a carby meal..like one day I craved cole slaw and ate that for 2 of my meals.  I still have problems with head hunger but I don't think its as bad as it use to be pre-op but I have to be careful to keep sweets and junk food out of the house or I WILL eat it but I'm not tempted to stop for fast food when out on the road like I use to.  I'm not one of those people who went from poor eating habits and obese bacause of it for decades then suddenly they have WLS and strictly eat ultra low carb all the time and have no cravings.  I totally don't get that!  I still feel hunger and food still tastes good to me but there are some foods I use it eat alot like milk, potatoes and bread that I don't hardly eat at all.  I think my hair is starting to fall out which freaks me out because I already have very thin hair on the top of my head.   I think I'm going to have to get a wig very soon.  Not happy about that but nothing I can do about it.  Plan to at least get an expensive wig so it looks good.
Hope everybody has a great Thanksgiving!

"Knowing is not enough; we must apply.
 Willing is not enough; we must do.? ~Johann von Goethe

VSG Aug. 30, 2011 HW 266 SW 249 GW 166 lbs.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 88 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 301 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 348 views