Almost 2 years out

JustLora
on 12/11/11 2:19 am - Omaha, NE
On December 22, 2009 my life changed; I was sleeved. For the most part I love my sleeve. I have maintained my weight between 140-144 lbs. My goal was 150 lbs. Highest know weight 238 lbs. I feel great physically. Psychologically, I have had to address how I "use(ed)" food. After losing the weight I realized I had built a barrier and prevented myself from moving forward (growing). Food was my addiction! My sleeve keeps me in check. I don't exercise regularly, but my job keeps me on my feet and moving 8-10 hours 4 days per week. The good thing is I can still move & not hurt after work.

I come to OH almost daily. I don't post very much, but I read a lot of the posts. I still think of myself as a "fluffy" girl. I have had overweight patients say things to me about how I wouldn't understand being fat..its crazy being judge because of being thin....I share with anyone & everyone about my WLS and journey. People judge you either way.

I wear 8 in jeans (26/28), Mediums in shirts (2X), bra 34D (38C). I do have loose skin & stretch marks on my stomach - No plastic in future. The skin seems to be shrinking on its own. I don't think it will every be flat, but then I am 41 years old.

I eat about 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup of food. I can eat 1 egg now. When I started this journey I could only eat 1/4 of an egg. I eat every 3 hours while awake. Carbs are still the enemy. Protein 97% first and only. I do drink 1-2 glasses wine 1-2 times per week. Still drink 64+ oz per day.

My daily supplements are: 1 prenatal vitamin, 600 mg calcium, 1 fish oil tablet, 1000IU D3My labs will be done in January, but so far everything has been great.

My relation with my husband has only gotten better. He did not want me to have surgery at the time, but was supportive because I wanted it. He said he is glad that I went though with it. 

If you have any questions please ask.

Happy Holidays!
Lora

SW 235/GW 150/CW 140   I'm 5'6" 

Ms. Poker Face
on 12/11/11 2:23 am
Congrats on your success!  Thanks for checking in and letting us know what our future might look like.  Keep rockin' your sleeve!

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

theshrinkingmimi
on 12/11/11 3:41 am
Congrats! thanks for posting your update.
Pre-liquid diet 392; VSG'd on 6/10/11; 5'9"; SW 368/ GW 195?

Pounds lost: mth1=26.7; mth 2=21.2; mth 3=24.8; mth 4=13.8; mth 5=14.2;  
            mth 6=11.8; mth 7=9.2; mth 8&9= 17.2    
Krazydoglady
on 12/11/11 4:10 am - FL
Congratulations, and Happy Holidays to you too! I'm glad things are going so well for you.

Carolyn  (32 lbs lost Pre-op) HW: 291, SW: 259, GW: 129.5, CW: 126.4 

Mermaid7
on 12/11/11 4:20 am
I really appreciate you posting.  I come to OH almost every day for support and encouragement.  I liked reading your post because it makes me feel that maybe one day I will be a normal weight.  I was sleeved in November of this year and have been going through a lot of mental changes.  Each day seems like a challenge to do this right.  Today, for the first time, I said to myself "What is my plan.  I nedd a plan."  Now, of course I know I need a plan.  But today was the first day I was thinking about it.  I sure do hope my sleeve works.  I do eat a whole egg.  The battle really is in the mind, isn't it?  I serve myself more than I can eat, and then have a lot left over in the bowl.  Hopefully that will change too.  I started at 225 and would like to weigh about 135 or 140, like you.  I am 10 plus years older than you, so I don't know what success I will have with my extra skin.
Some days, I wonder if I really will get down to a normal weight, or will it be like all the other times I've tried.  The days seem to go by slow...waiting for the surgery, waiting to recover, waiting to be normal.
Forgive my ramblings, and thanks again for your post.
happyteacher
on 12/11/11 4:23 am
 It was very nice to catch a post about what it is like in a few years- I appreciate your post very much!  I think about sometime how I might feel once I reach the goal weight, but still restricted.  I am feeling like the restriction will be like a friendly reminder to take care of myself each day in a few years :)
percheron
on 12/11/11 5:40 am
Awesome, thank you so much for sharing.  These kind of post the last few days have really reinforced why I had to make this decision.  I need it to be permanent and not for a month or two.  Two years out, that is amazing!  Thanks again for posting!! 

Kathy

Chelle2380
on 12/11/11 6:53 am - TX
That is awesome and I am so proud of your success!!  Keep up the great work!

(deactivated member)
on 12/11/11 7:20 am
 TFS...

I'm 41 and i have surgery scheduled December 30.  I feel pretty sure about this decision, but I'm still worrying if I will be glad I did it in the long term, or if I will regret being different this way from now on.  I really hope I don't go sailing into a depression after the fact.  

It is a big scary deal and my spouse is not supportive and would rather I not have surgery.  He is one that thinks I just need to really buckle down with the diet and exercise.  I feel like if I could make that work I would have done it by now.  I first hit 200 pounds when I was 13.
Faye56
on 12/11/11 8:52 am
VSG on 07/19/11 with
Great Job! Thank you for posting. Your story is very inspirational.

How long did it take you to reach your goal?  My weight loss has already slowed way down. I am almost 5 months post op and really hope I will continue to lose. I know everyone is different but I am 56 and hope I can meet goal by the 6 mo honeymoon is over.

"Encourage instead of criticize.  Love instead of hate.  Hope instead of doubt. Give instead of take.  Trust instead of worry.  We open our hearts to others so that they will be prompted to open their hearts to God"  Lucy Swindoll

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 72 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 267 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 328 views