Forman Mills for inexpensive clothing

erikalea1970
on 12/18/11 1:41 am - NJ
VSG on 06/11/12
I've been reading posts about size changes and thought I'd mention a store I frequent called Forman Mills.  It's predominantly in the Mid-Atlantic area, but I just checked the website and saw that they have stores in the Detroit and Chicago areas as well.  I have found their prices to be lower than other similar stores such as TJ Maxx & Ross.  I haven't had a ton of luck finding things in my pre-op size of 2x-3x, although I can usually find a few items if I have a lot of time to try things on, but I always find stuff easily for my children and their selection in "normal" misses sizes is much larger.  Last weekend I bought my son a pair of dress pants, dress shirt, tie, a pack of undershirts and dress shoes for under $30.  I hope to become an even more frequent customer post-op!  (And it's just up the street from the Goodwill - another favorite cheap option!)

"Failure is not an option" - Apollo 13   

howarli
on 12/18/11 10:09 pm - MD
Just remember..........Forman mills sizes run way, way small.  For example a size 20 jeans that cost about $9.99 is equal to about a size 14 in a regular store.

erikalea1970
on 12/29/11 3:33 am - NJ
VSG on 06/11/12
I haven't noticed them being consistently small, just consistently...inconsistent!  I think since most of their inventory is made up of cast-offs from other stores, they seem to run all over the place on sizing.  It's a time commitment to find the right stuff, but when I do, it's usually worth the effort.  
"Failure is not an option" - Apollo 13   

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 44 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 44 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 196 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 282 views