seeing yourself bigger than you actually are

Ashley O.
on 12/21/11 12:24 am
is a bittersweet feeling. I've noticed in a few pictures where my legs are a lotsmaller, but i feellike i'm not losing anywhere but my legs.

I went to a concert a couple weeks agoand got a concert t-shirt.. the girl held up the XL, i was afraid it would be too small and i wouldnt be able toget one.. butit was too big!. so i ended up getting the large, and figured i was either losing my mind, or the sizes just ran really big for once.

well. a lead singer of the opening band at the concert isaw, just released a hoodie that i fell in love with the first timei saw it.. it was really expensive, but my dad owed me 70dollars.. the hoodie was 50 + 10 dollars shipping.. so he got it for me instead of paying me back..

there were no sizing measurments.. so i just got a large, in hope that i'd be able to wear it soon.. figuring it'd be too tiny.
well. it just came in the mail today.. and it fits perfectly. I'mhonestly amazed.

i'm sure i'm notthe only one.. seeing yourself biggerthan you actually are? Its little things like this that make me want to keep losing and NEVER get back to where i was before..

this is the hoodie i got by the way: http://www.whoistravisclark.com/
Spread The Love... the world needs more of it. (:

-ashley.

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone is fighting some kind of battle."
~

Check out my blog? (: www.ourfightnow.net
~

M. Nguyen
on 12/21/11 12:34 am - TX
I know exactly what you mean! All in all, you have to believe it! You did something for yourself and seeing it progress is all the more rewarding! I was a 3x and to know that I can fit a normal size (L)...is absolutely invigorating!

With time, you will get use to it...you're definitely not alone

RHCP
on 12/21/11 12:43 am - Poughkeepsie, NY
I struggle with this everyday. Brain has def not caught up with my head. I now am just starting to fit into a size 10-I used to be a size 26.

Over the weekend I was in Victoria's Secret and decided to treat myself to those cute PINK Boyfriend sweatpants. Of course my brain picked up the Large- I was like what am I thinking-I grabbed a medium and held it up to myself-I would of tried them on but it was a zoo and figured I could always return them if the Medium was to tight. I had a thought maybe I need the small- but quickly dismissed that to NO WAY. Well when I got home- I could of totally fit into the small- they would of been snug- but they would of fit. ME?? A SMALL?? At Victoria's Secret? WTF!! 

I am trying to train my brain to pick up the size smaller now when I reach for things-and when I do it almost always fit.  My biggest kick- needing a size SMALL from the juniors section! (I am 5ft 1 and have a small frame)

I also find myself still feeling like the fat girl in the room- when now I'm usually one of the smallest. Do you ever experience that?

PS Check out Spearhead and Michael Franti MUSIC- he sings of LOVE and peace in the world- you would probubly enjoy his message.

Ashley O.
on 12/21/11 1:08 am
I've definatley expereinced that.  It's an insane feeling, once you realize you really arent the biggest person in the room anymore. It honestly reminds me of the images people put online sometimes, of anorexia... with the super skinny girl looking in the mirror and she sees herself 5 times the size she is? Given, i'm not anorexic or ridiculously skinny by any means, its the same way of thinking.

I'll definatley check out that music. (: thanks!

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone is fighting some kind of battle."
~

Check out my blog? (: www.ourfightnow.net
~

injeneral
on 12/21/11 1:50 am
We saw MF & Spearhead in concert in 2007 before they were "big" - -my girls go NUTS to "Say Hey"

Love them!
LilySlim Weight loss tickers                        
HT: 5'3"      HW: 240     GW: 130     AGE: 30     PCOSer; diagnosed 2003
Month 1:  -21.2 (218.8)   Month 2: -10 (208.8)   Month 3: -10.6 (198.2)   Month 4: -8.6 (189.6)
First goal (to be under 200): Nov. 11; 199.2
Second goal: weigh less than my husband (174):

I want to think again of dangerous and noble things. I want to be light and frolicsome. I want to be improbable, beautiful and afraid of nothing as though I had wings. — Mary Oliver

Jasonm11
on 12/21/11 1:00 am
I'm the same way 9+ months out....I'm wearing large shirts and size 36 x 32 slim fit jeans and to me, I feel like I haven't lost anything down from size 48x32 loose fit and 3xl shirts....I think it is because my shape is the same in that the extra skin 'deflated' to the same basic shape, just much, much smaller. So when I see it, I see the same thing ignoring that I'm wearing half the fabric I was a year ago. It really is pronounced when I put on the clothes I wore a year ago...can really feel it then, even if you don't see it.

HW(2-19-11) - 375    SW(3-9-11) - 362.5    CW - 204    GW - 220
Reached 100 pounds lost from highest weight at 3.5 months post-op!!!
Reached 100 pounds lost since surgery weight at 4.75 months post-op!!!
nilesmama08
on 12/21/11 1:10 am - Atlanta , GA
I can't see a difference in mirrors! I was at old navy trying on pants for the first time ever yesterday! I did not buy anything because my legs appeared the same to me as 272 pounds. I told myself I will buy when my legs are smaller...crazy brain!
    LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat   I met my initial goal of 160!          
WV_Loser
on 12/21/11 2:48 am
Yep!! Same here!!

I go shopping and I have the old image of me in my head and I end up buying stuff too big and have to take it back!!

Lost weight, but still have FAT HEAD syndrome!! LOL!!

The tragedy in life doesn't lie in not reaching your goal. The tragedy lies in having no goal to reach. Benjamin Mays

RHCP
on 12/21/11 3:05 am - Poughkeepsie, NY
TEE HEE "FAT HEAD" I like that one!!

Jocelyn P.
on 12/21/11 3:11 am - San Antonio, TX
I know what you're saying. I still think i'm fat, my brain hasn't caught up with my body. Just the other day I posted that I now wear a size 4 jeans. how is that still fat? I took a picture of me wearing my size 16 jeans (not the largest i was wearing) and they looked like clown pants!  I LOVE shopping now. But I still find myself picking up the largest clothes and find they're too big. It is bittersweet!

5' tall  HW209/SW194/CW153.4/GW140
It's never too late to be who you might have been. ~George Eliot  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 148 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 421 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 440 views