Crazy emotional -- is the surgery to blame?

Fangirl_says
on 12/22/11 1:15 am - NC
I'm just over 3 months out. For the past three days, I've been super emotional. I cry over EVERYTHING -- good, bad or indifferent. Corny Christmas movies = crying. Seeing a cute baby or dog = crying. Realizing it's the birthday of a cousin who died 15 years ago = crying. My daughter is inadvertantly rude = crying.

It's not even my TOM so I can't blame that. Could the weight loss or the surgery itself have something to do with it? Am I losing my mind???

WV_Loser
on 12/22/11 1:21 am
YES!!!!

Your going through so many changes and your body is trying to catch up, and it will effect your emotions...I went through a period where I cried at movies, books, memories...etc....

It will get better just hang in there!!

Hugs and Prayers!
Angela

The tragedy in life doesn't lie in not reaching your goal. The tragedy lies in having no goal to reach. Benjamin Mays

TheBiscuit
on 12/22/11 1:23 am - TX
 Yes, absolutely. I was downright hardcore depressed a few weeks after surgery, and still have days where I am inconsolably emotional. When your body breaks down fat, a LOT of hormones are released. It's PMS at any time, in full force. Do your best to keep your mind busy and always have something positive to reinforce upon yourself!
Samantha H.
on 12/22/11 1:38 am - Kuwait City, Kuwait
Holy cow, I'm right there with you! I've never been a crier, but I think I've cried every day since my surgery for one reason or another! Here's hoping it stops soon; hubby thinks I may have lost my mind! lol

USAF Wife
on 12/22/11 1:41 am
I went into crazy ***** mode, then I'd cry.

It's extremely normal. During rapid weight loss, estrogen that is stored in our fat cells is released into our system. YAY hormone dumping and raging emotional after effects! ! !

Mine lasted all the way through my losing, and only settled once I got close into maintenance. Now, I just get super psycho during my ovulation week. These episodes didn't help during our full year of trying to conceive HA.
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

AMoody
on 12/22/11 1:46 am - Mayville, MI
VSG on 02/06/12
On December 22, 2011 at 9:15 AM Pacific Time, Fangirl_says wrote:
I'm just over 3 months out. For the past three days, I've been super emotional. I cry over EVERYTHING -- good, bad or indifferent. Corny Christmas movies = crying. Seeing a cute baby or dog = crying. Realizing it's the birthday of a cousin who died 15 years ago = crying. My daughter is inadvertantly rude = crying.

It's not even my TOM so I can't blame that. Could the weight loss or the surgery itself have something to do with it? Am I losing my mind???
Thats me everyday, well almost and IM not even sleeved yet.. Hope things get better for you

H.W 247 L.W 170 C.W 238 G.W 145

soulsister
on 12/22/11 2:01 am - NY
I was a complete, total mess during my pre-op diet!
I lost 11 lbs in 2 weeks.  I was crying and super emotional over the smallest things.  I does pass though.
Fangirl_says
on 12/22/11 2:39 am - NC
Thanks so much, everyone! It's a HUGE relief to know I'm not the only one who has experienced this (and that hopefully I'm not losing my mind!) Hormones being released makes a LOT of sense, because this feels just like the hormonal issues I have around my TOM. Come to think of it, I had the same thing after my kids were born, too!

Phew! :D 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 167 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 443 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 464 views