Early Christmas dinner confession

VeronicaJ5
on 12/23/11 7:17 am - Albany, NY
DS on 07/05/16
Christmas happens to be day fourteen of my fourteen day full liquid diet... I confess now I am going to eat SOMETHING for Christmas dinner, it will be healthy and it will be mushy but food will pass my lips even it's an egg and cheese scramble! I give in to the temptation of chewing!

310/190/170
sw/cw/gw
"I don't cry over spilled milk because I'm lactose intolerant"

slimpickins5280
on 12/23/11 7:32 am - CO
You'll be fine. Stay with mushies.

I had to go to mushies a 2 days early because I had to go out of town for a funeral.

Keep it mushy.

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

VeronicaJ5
on 12/23/11 7:36 am - Albany, NY
DS on 07/05/16
Thanks that day fifteen timing blows the 26th really? Lol I've already got mushy stuff today from the store like cream soup tuna and gouda cheese slices! Which have 7 grams of protein a slice!
(deactivated member)
on 12/23/11 7:38 am
Just please be safe in what you choose and how much you put on your plate.  I would only recommend putting 1/4 of a cup at most of something really soft and mushie and eating VERY slowly taking bites the size of a pencil eraser.  Chew your food about 30 times or so before swallowing and really take it easy.  I guess I am especially concerned because it's going to be Christmas and you might not be able to get a hold of your doctor if you will need him.  Your staple line has not healed yet and you have to be so very, very careful.  I am sure you already know all this, but this is just a friendly reminder to take it way easy.  Merry Christmas to you and I hope your first taste of food is as wonderful as you imagine it to be.
VeronicaJ5
on 12/23/11 8:02 am - Albany, NY
DS on 07/05/16
Thank you Elina Merry Christmas to you also.
ruggie
on 12/23/11 8:33 am - Sacramento, CA
Elina's got great points there.

If you go for egg, start with poached before scrambled - the egg protein is cooked less, and will be easier to digest.  It's softer.

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

slimpickins5280
on 12/23/11 8:15 am - CO
Yeah Elina has a good point. I'm sure you'll be careful. But, don't let the Christmas spirit run away with you.

Oh and be ready to be a little disappointed. I started the regular diet a few days before Thanksgiving and found that the denser foods (meats especially) didn't love me as much as I love them for the first few days. I ended up going back to mushies for a few days and kind of bringing in the denser meats more slowly.

Mushies should be fine, but if they don't feel good have aprotein shake handy.

I never threw up, but it's no fun feeling ick on a special day.

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

VeronicaJ5
on 12/23/11 8:21 am - Albany, NY
DS on 07/05/16
Yeah I actually like my protein shakes lol, thank you for the advice I do actually start mushy on monday
frisco
on 12/23/11 11:42 am

Only my opinion.......take it ....leave it....what ever......

I'd say show some strength.....healing is much more important than a Christmas meal......

I would focus on how next Christmas is going to be 100lbs. gone !!!

Happy Holidays!

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

novascotiadawn
on 12/23/11 12:34 pm - Calgary, Alberta, Canada

I agree with Frisco....I was 7 months out and still dealing with a leak and had to skip Christmas dinner!... It didn't kill me!  Nor did the leak!! (Hehe)..Just enjoy the family and friends and al the joys along with this season! There will be lots of holidays!!

Hugs

Donna

Leaky sleeve survivor!!! 2008/2009 ~ 5'7"~ 42F Bougie

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 388 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views