My first tailored size 6

edelu
on 12/30/11 7:24 am, edited 12/30/11 7:24 am - los angeles, CA
As anyone who has read a post from me knows, this weight loss journey has been hard.  I lost 8lbs my first 6 weeks, 8 my second six weeks, then was told to up my calories and lost 12 in November.  Since i wouldn't sit still because i knew i was being completely compliant plus working out, i went to see a bunch of Dr's.  Some told me to up calories, which i did and it worked but i was afraid i would stall again.  I finally found an internist with a side in exercise physiology and discovered that my lean body mass ratio was extremely low. At last a reason. So i ditched most of my cardio for hard core weights.  I don't weigh except when i go to the Dr's. because it is too painful to watch the scale not moving, or worse moving up at certain times of the month.  so my journey has not been poster girl except for my effort.  But something is working because i can't believe this.  Nor can i believe how much it meant to me.  I was in tears.  I bought this dress thinking i would fit into it by April.  It is a brand that is known for fitting truly.  it's Rag and Bone and i ordered it on line and when it arrived this morning i fought with myself not to try it and put myself in a bad mood, because i was just so sure it would depress me.  i could not believe it.  I guess I've been in something of a funk with the problems with losing weight that i haven't paid attention or looked to what is happening.  This dress it ready to wear now today, without spanx.  I can't believe it.  It certainly isn't happening on my schedule, but I'm happy to say it is happening. Bonus side, with all my weight training my but looks higher. This is a good day posters.
wls2011
on 12/30/11 7:39 am - Ballston Lake, NY
 That is great news....I saw the same thing with me, that higher weights really shaped me up, but the scale did not change as quickly as my body did. I also had to lower my cardio a lot throughout this process, because the more I did, the less results I saw.

Size 6 is awesome! Way to Go! 

Alain Polynice Arm Lift & Revision BL 4/15/15

Alain Polynice Hernia Repair, Revision TT, Lipo Flanks 5/28/14

Dr. Lee Gallbladder Removal 5/28/14

Francisco Sauceda  TT & BL  6/3/13

Mitchell Roslin VSG 5/12/11

edelu
on 12/30/11 1:30 pm - los angeles, CA
It's so weird to try to figure out what works and why.  I truly thought it was gonna be a linear experience.  Was i ever wrong.
Carmelita
on 12/30/11 8:33 am - Four Corners, NM
edelu
on 12/30/11 1:32 pm - los angeles, CA
Yeah i like it.  I don't remember being in a size 6 at 155 before either.  But happy days.
Pkrplyr777
on 12/30/11 8:34 am - CT
I love this post!
Congrats on figuring it out AND for wearing a size 6 without trying it on first!

Hope I can get through this stall. I really hope that cardio isnt the problem because I love my running

Some pics of the size 6?

Great job
donna
  HW/233 *  SW/212 * CW/133 *GW/132 * 100 Pounds of FAT gone FOREVER!

Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple~Dr.Suess            
edelu
on 12/30/11 1:41 pm - los angeles, CA
Since i wasn't losing weight i was buying aspirational clothing to get some sort of happy and to reiterate for myself that although it was slow it I knew it was going to continue, so that it was more of a timing thing than a problem thing.  Hence the buying on line. 

I'm sure cardio isn't the problem for you.  It works well and makes you healthier.  But i don't take in enough calories and my fat was coming from my lean muscle so since i had to up mu muscle building by quite a bit i just cut down on the cardio because i didn't want to up my calories.

The hopes for a pic are nice but in vain.  as you can see I have no avatar despite being on here for 5 months.  i am completely computer illiterate. i tried to take a photo with my Blackberry the other day the first might i add and i couldn't do it.  my phone said i did not have enough memory.  So I'm a dolt.

I hated cardio so it was no sacrifice but I'm really jealous of people like you who love whatever form of exercise they do. Kudos on the running. 
kimbethin
on 12/30/11 8:35 am - CA
Size 6?!!  That is so cool!  So happy for you!  You've been on my mind, I was hoping for good news from you!  I was in falling snow on Christmas morning in my red coat!  Just like you imagined.  Happy New Year!
putting one foot in front of the other...        
edelu
on 12/30/11 1:43 pm - los angeles, CA
Oh Kim i was wondering how your trip went.  was your family wowed when they saw you?  Did your coat look fab?  I'm so glad it snowed on that fabulous red coat. i can still see it.  Catch me up. Happy New Year to you too.
acbbrown
on 12/30/11 9:11 am - Granada Hills, CA
This post deserves a pic to go with it!!! Your patience and perseverance is amazing. You will be very successful at keeping your weight off

You go girl!!!

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 131 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 388 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 421 views