One month check in

P_B
on 12/30/11 12:05 am - Norfolk, VA
I am now one month 2 days post op and rockin this sleeve
I've lost 20lbs since surgery.
I am able to get in 2oz of dense protein like chicken, shrimp, ground beef, crab legs.
I never vomited just spit up water once, I did have one slip up when I was sick a few days ago I was told to have crackers to settle my stomach and apparently those are a slider for me cause I had way more than I should have.
I did really badly with shakes so getting my protein in was really hard in the beginning but I survived.
My water goals were easy to get in the beginning, but I've grown to despise plain water. My dr cleared me today to water down tea. Mio, crystal light, diet green tea is all nasty and taste chemically IMO.
I am able to get in about 65g protein, under 40 carbs normally around 25-35g and about 550-650 calories.
Remembering back preop I imagined this would be so much harder than it has been, while remembering that I have to be hyper vigilant because slipping is not an option and Give myself the option to fail.
I was able to purchase new jeans last night 4 sizes smaller than what I was wearing a month preop! And I bought new underwears/bras from VS this weekend. I love my sleeve and she is serving me well!

MutteringDuck
on 12/30/11 12:19 am - CT
great work!  i'm so excited to see where i'll be at my one month surgiversary... you're inspiring!!!

~kris

ps - what's a "slider?"  makes me think something that gets us sliding down that slippery slope...?

HW: 291  SW: 276    
P_B
on 12/30/11 2:49 am - Norfolk, VA
On December 30, 2011 at 8:19 AM Pacific Time, MutteringDuck wrote:
great work!  i'm so excited to see where i'll be at my one month surgiversary... you're inspiring!!!

~kris

ps - what's a "slider?"  makes me think something that gets us sliding down that slippery slope...?
Sliders are foods that go down with no restriction for example
Crackers
Peanut butter
Popcorn

(deactivated member)
on 12/30/11 12:22 am - GA
Congratulations, you are doing wonderful! Thanks for sharing your journey with us all.
dittodotv
on 12/30/11 5:18 am
You are doing fantastic!! I don't like the plain water either, I was drinking Propel Zero, but diluting it with filtered water...but now I'm in a kick of drinking Fruit20, it is delicious, just lightly flavored. The only negative thing is it has 70g of sodium in one bottle...??

Best wishes to you for lots of success in this journey!!

50yr. old female 5'8" / HW 363 / ConsW 346 / SW 333 / CW 184.4

abrown8434
on 12/30/11 6:06 am - VA
Way to go! I'm glad to hear that just one month out things are going so well!!

HW: 550+     SW: 502      CW: 342.4  SDt: 9/20/11

"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me."--
Philippians 4:13, KJV