Oh my effing God, I'm finally THERE!!

quintons_mommy200

on 12/30/11 12:47 am
I just hit my 5 month mark.... and as many of you know, it's been a LONG and difficult 5 months... Below is a picture of me in October of 2008, weighing somewhere around my highest weight of 343.6 pounds. I lost about 110 on my own, then started the gaining again... ended up back at 275... I then decided to have VSG, and surgery was in July of this year...so what you see in my ticker is total loss, not just since surgery. I weighed 271 on surgery morning, so I've lost about 70 since then. I consider that a huge accomplishment considering I was on 1200 calorie TPN for a couple of months and haven't been able to exercise due to my complications. Now, on to the BIGGEST NEWS EVER... As of yesterday, I am finally in onderland. Now, I know this is big **** for everyone who gets there... but the significant part for me is that I had gotten my medical records a while back as I was curious as to when I last weighed under 200... I could only find records back to when I was 12... but even then I was already 221, so I can only assume I was 11 or younger. Absolutely loving the weight loss... The bottom picture was yesterday, and it may be that I weighed 199.8 and couldn't have been much closer to still being at 200, but it stuck and I was there still this morning, so it's legit. I don't weigh 200 pounds anymore, and I couldn't be happier! 

BuckeyeGirl
on 12/30/11 12:50 am - TN
Woo Hoo! Welcome to Onederland! Doesn't it feel amazing? Wow, what a difference in your pictures!

That was a huge milestone for me as well, I can't remember the last time I was under 200 pre-VSG.

Congrats!
Lindsey

nilesmama08
on 12/30/11 12:51 am - Atlanta , GA
Wow! You look amazing! You should be "effing" stoked, lol!
    LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat   I met my initial goal of 160!          
Mom4Jazz
on 12/30/11 12:55 am
Congrats! I felt the same way - I was over 200 in elementary school and never got back below again. For me, it has been nearly 40 years since I weighed under 200.

What a huge accomplishment!

Highest weight: 335 lbs, BMI 50.9
Pre-op weight: 319 lbs, BMI 48.5
Current range: 140-144, BMI 21.3 - 22

175+ lbs lost, maintaining since February 2012

Jenny C.
on 12/30/11 12:55 am
 Congratulations!!!!  You look FANTASTIC!

You mention TPN, so I'm assuming you had significant complications...are you feeling well now?

quintons_mommy200

on 12/30/11 1:00 am
I'm feeling better than I was... I had a leak, which was discovered at 5 days post op-so I've been dealing with it for way too long, IMHO. There is still a small hole in my stomach but upper GI's and CT scans are showing that nothing is coming out of it... so I can eat and drink safely. I go back in for a scope on January 10. My surgeon wants to make sure there isn't a stitch or something holding that last little spot open. Kind of hope there is so he can remove it and it can finally seal shut.

I still have some pain sometimes.. which I am told will continue till that last little bit is healed completely.

Thanks for asking. :)

kimbethin
on 12/30/11 1:19 am - CA
   You look great!  Congratulations!
putting one foot in front of the other...        
J.e.t.
on 12/30/11 1:24 am
 Oh my gosh, you're TINY!  You look fabulous.   I'm right behind you at 200.8 this morning, lol.  Maybe I could eeeek it out by tomorrow, but probably not.    Congrats and Happy New Year!
HW 263, 3lbs lost prior to surgery,  weight loss ticker is since surgery.

diane S.
on 12/30/11 1:32 am
yippee, don't ya feel great!!! congrats.  looking good.  Diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

(deactivated member)
on 12/30/11 2:16 am
You look fantastic,  I am so very happy for you.  It just keeps getting better and better.  I hope the hole closes soon and the pain is forgotten.  Happy New Year.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 77 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 287 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 338 views