Any Slow losers reach goal

megamommy
on 1/2/12 5:38 am
Well I dont post that often but reading everyones posts i think im a slow loser. Im perfectly fine with that however im starting to wonder if im way behind. Had surgery on 9/12 and have lost 43 pounds(including 10 pounds pre op) so 33 post op  in 3 1/2 months. Im not worried about not doing something right, I know i am but im wondering if im on track or not. I had a starting weight on 228 so maybe that has something to do with it. Just wondering if any other slow losers out there! 

Judith K.
on 1/2/12 6:02 am
VSG on 05/15/10 with
I was tracking exactly the same average weight loss @ 3.5 months -- about 2.35#/week.  Later it slowed down to only about 1#/week but I kept losing 'til my 1 year surgiversay.  I've been stuck to w/in 12# of goal since May.  Still way more than thrilled w/ losing 100#!

Keep up the good work.  You're doing fine.
HW -- 255.8#;  WW/pre-op lost 22.6#; CW -- 152.2#; GW 140#; 103.6# GONE FOREVER!

megamommy
on 1/2/12 6:07 am
thanks so much Judith! I am thrilled to have lost the 43! I couldnt do it without the Sleeve but Im glad to hear your success and that keeps me going!!!
katier825
on 1/2/12 8:35 am
My overall average was about 2 lbs/week (a little less than you). I had lost a little prior to surgery and was 195 that morning. My goal was 140 and it took me 6.5 months to get there. You started out as a lightweight, so your loss will likely be slower than someone starting out 100 lbs heavier. Try not to be discouraged by the scale. Some weeks you lose more, some less, some none. But you do lose inches and gain better health along the way. We get so hung up on the number on the scale, but it's just a part of the overall picture. Hang in there!
megamommy
on 1/2/12 9:11 am
thank you so much! Good to hear im not alone.

ms_dar
on 1/2/12 9:35 am - Canada
From the beginning, i was a slow loser. I often have a gain of a few pounds before losing those again. I think that is related to salt intake and water retention. At this point I have been staying close to the same weight for the past two months. If I don't make it to my goal i am still thrilled with the weight loss that my surgery has enabled me to realize. I am able to do so much more than I used to be able to do. I no longer suffer from sleep apena or high blood pressure. I can shop in any store for clothing and not just Peningtons. I don't have to search for the chair with wide arms or strong enough to hold my body. The docotr at Windsor assessment centre thinks I need to lose lots more weight but I am very happy with my results thus far and would be happy if I didn't lose more than this. That doesn't mean I am giving up, just that I am not going to beat myself up if i don't see results from my weight loss efforts.

megamommy
on 1/3/12 12:11 am
thank you! You are doing great!

(deactivated member)
on 1/3/12 2:26 am - CA
Hi! I am still 19 pounds from goal. I started at 237 on surgery day and I now weigh 189 9.5 months out. I am definitely a slow loser at 48 pounds. I recently started exercising more and I have hypothyroid but I think the new meds are starting to work. I was a lapband revision and I never got below 202 with it and then started gaining...I know that I'm really going to have to push myself to get the last bit of weight off, but I think my tool will definitely help me! Good Luck!
megamommy
on 1/3/12 5:18 am
you can do it!

juzmejnee
on 1/6/12 7:01 am
i am a slow loser too. 6 months out and have lost 60lbs, BUT ive been up and down the same weight since October / early November. So im very frustrated. Ive upped my calories, lowered my calories. still the same. I usually stay under 40 carbs a day ( i will try to lower them ) but ive started walking every day for an hour during my lunch break at work. And get at least 3-4 miles in total a day ( per my fitbit) I still want to lose 40 more lbs but don't know if i can make it before my 1 year in June. I would really appreciate any help or advice!! IM SO FRUSTRATED!!!

BTW happy new year

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 100 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 324 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 368 views