Best Team Ever!

Vrtualfire
on 1/18/12 4:24 pm - MN
VSG on 01/13/12
I was recently promoted to a Supervisor within my team at work, and my former supervisor Elizabeth, who is now my peer, has been an absolute rock through out my journey.  Well I was sleeved last Friday, and when I came home Sunday, Elizabeth showed up at my house with tons of prepared food for my family.  This is so helpful so I dont have to cook, since my husband cannot cook much of anything,  She knew how hard it would be for me to prepare for them.  So they had tater tot hotdish (MN thing, its wierd), then another night they had turkey sloppy joes, and then last night chicken and turkey soft and hard tacos with all the fixings. Then she shows up again tonight with Turkey meatloaf, veggies and potatoes, a pot roast with all the trimmings and lasagna.  My family is set till this weekend.  She also brought tuna salad, lunch meats, cheeses for sandwiches.

I say team though because when my new employees all talked about sending me flowers, Elizabeth told them this would probably mean way more to me, so they all chipped in and bought the food which she then cooked.

I have had no real problem dishing out this food to them, and it smells soooooo good! 

mylifegr8
on 1/18/12 6:31 pm - IL
That is so wonderful to hear, i wish I could say that I had any where that sort of experience. I have worked at my company for 6 years and only received 1 phone call from 1 of my co-workers. It's just nice to hear there still are great support systems out there.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 162 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 435 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 456 views