My first month...

thill03
on 1/22/12 10:28 pm
WOW! I honestly cant believe that it's been a month already! When i stepped on the scale today I am officially down a total of 42 pounds since surgery.

I didn't loose any during my supervised weight loss, I actually gained 3 pounds! I beat myself up for that still, cause if i had lost just 6 pounds I would be in the 200's today, but that's alright...I'll get there eventually! 

I have my super support system and all of you here to thank. Specifically my hubby. He is the most amazing best friend i have ever been blessed with. He is my biggest fan and has lost 10 pounds along with me. My babies are a huge support too, they are not aware of the surgery, but they know momma is getting healthier and they want to get healthy too! 
there are several people that I did not tell, like my mother. She is old school and thinks that if i drink more water and walk more my weight wouldn't be an issue. She lives in NC, so i only see her a few times a year but I talk to her every week. I have a planned trip to see her in May, I will more than likely tell her then...

I under eat my sleeve cause I hate feeling sick so i keep it simple. I focus on exercise and getting in all of my protein 60-80 for now, and all my fluids 60ozs...Anything less is NOT an option for me. I still have a protein shake to help me get there daily...I actually love them...the only thing I cant handle anymore is Unjury's Chicken Soup...I loved it before, but cant stomach it since having surgery...not sure why, but I will retry in a few weeks.

...and for those who want to know, i did hit a stall at 2 weeks out...the scale didn't move for 8 days...but then BAM...4 pounds down the next day...it was frustrating but I knew the scale would move again...your body is adjusting...give it time to understand whats going on. This too shall pass! 

Thank you all for being honest, you help me decide that VSG was the right surgery for me.

Never thought that being a looser would feel this good!

THill
AmberK
on 1/22/12 10:36 pm
VSG on 03/07/12 with
 Wow, that is amazing success!!! You must be such a strong women to not have told your mother, but  I understand why! My mom is obese as well, so she is all for me having surgery. It's funny you put that on here that you don't like Unjury chicken soup after surgery because another lady said the same thing! shah
So, my question is, what brand of shakes do you use? Thanks for sharing!!

thill03
on 1/22/12 11:15 pm
Hey AmberK!
My doc recommends Unjury or Bariatric Advantage. Since I wanted a variety, I went with Unjury because the containers were smaller, cheaper and both compared in Protein per serving.
AmberK
on 1/22/12 11:22 pm
VSG on 03/07/12 with
 Thanks for the info.! I have been trying to figure out if they are the same thing or if you needed both! I have heard some negative things about the BA shakes, and nothing bad about Unjury. Thanks! 
thill03
on 1/22/12 11:29 pm
I have heard of a pre mixed protein shake called Pure Protein is good too, and I think 30 grams of protein per serving. You can order online or buy them at Sams Club or Costco. I still have 2 more containers of Unjury to go thru, then ill try them.
(deactivated member)
on 1/22/12 11:51 pm
VSG on 02/16/12
amyjoy22
on 1/23/12 12:30 am - CA
 I have always liked the Premier Protein shakes.  They come in Chocolate and Vanilla and are 30g of protein in 11 oz.  I also liked that they don't add aspartame and they are low sugar and carbs.  160 cals. ea.  They sell them at Costco.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 135 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 393 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 424 views