Huh... small world...

moonglo82
on 1/23/12 11:12 am
VSG on 03/29/12
A friend of mine at work found out that I am getting a sleeve, and he asked me for details about where and when I was going (he was supposed to get his done last year, and he didn't get it done before the end of the year, and then our insurance quit paying for it, so now he would be self pay too). 

He has family in the San Diego area, so when I told him I was going to Mexicali for my VSG, he promised to get them to ask around to get more information about Dr. Aceves.

The cool thing is that he found out that some of his family have a doctor in Mexicali.  They apparently asked this doctor about Aceves, and were told pretty much the same thing that others here have already told me- nothing less than a sparklingly pristine reputation. 

Not that I didn't know from researching here and on my own that Aceves is a good doctor.  Nor is this a "my doctor is better than yours" post.  I'm just excited because now I know someone personally who actually has connections to people who know his colleagues (which,  now that I put it that way, sounds like much less of a connection than just reading reviews about him on here, but still... lol). 

Geez... the next 9 weeks cannot go fast enough!  Come on, March 29th!

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

(deactivated member)
on 1/23/12 11:20 am - TN
Thanks for posting!  I am going to Dr. Aceves on Feb 28th and I appreciate any little bit of encouraging info to let me know I made the right decision. 
moonglo82
on 1/23/12 11:27 am
VSG on 03/29/12
How exciting!  Keep us posted on how it goes :)

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

newme2011-2012
on 1/23/12 11:35 am
Time will go so fast your head will spin.. Especially after surgery. Mine feels like it was just a dream now..
Good luck to both of you on your surgeries!!
Julie
  Highest weight 330 - GW 150  

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 127 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 364 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 409 views