Tradjenta?

moonglo82
on 1/24/12 11:17 am
VSG on 03/29/12

Anyone familiar with this diabetes med? 

I know it's very new... as in just on the market as of May 2011. 

My dr sent samples of this home with my husband for me today.  She gave me 8 weeks worth of samples.  My surgery is in 9 weeks.  The thing is, this drug isn't listed anywhere on my insurance company's website, which makes me think that it must not be covered at all, since it is a new drug. 

On one hand, it would be a shame to pay a crap ton of money for a prescription of this to be filled the week before surgery, only to not be able to use all of them. 

On the other hand, this one is supposed to be more gentle on the stomach than metformin or janumet.  So maybe I could still take it after surgery?

I'm going to email my surgeon's office tomorrow and find out if Dr Aceves thinks I would be able to take this after surgery.  If it works better than the metformin and I only have to take it for a little while, it may not be so bad.  I just really don't like the idea of taking the time I will need to adjust to a new drug and see if it is effective, just to be told to stop taking it a week after paying for a full month's dosage. 

Maybe I'll be one of the lucky ones who doesn't need diabetes meds after surgery :)

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 165 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 441 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 462 views