Blood Sugar: "False Lows"?

moonglo82
on 1/26/12 12:10 am
VSG on 03/29/12
I have been working to get my blood sugar in check so that it will be (hopefully) where I need it to be for surgery.  My doctor even took me off of the metformin and put me on a newer drug that is supposed to have better results (Tradjenta).

I've been noticing since I switched to the Tradjenta that I get chills, fatigue, and dizziniess easier.  They seem to be related to my blood sugars.  I say this, because they seem to hit about the time I get home from work, and then when I eat dinner, they get better pretty quickly.

The flaw in my theory is that I never seem to think to check my blood sugar when this happens, so I can't say for sure that this is the cause.  Of course, confusion or a mental fog can be another symptom of low blood sugar, so maybe this is just that much more indicative?

The thing is, I'm probably more likely to have "false" lows right now, or symptoms that feel like a low but aren't low at all, but rather they feel low to my body because my blood sugar is lower than what I am used to. 

I just hope I can get this under control before surgery, because the last thing I need is to be fighting low blood sugar, or even a false low, while trying to heal from surgery.

Anyone have any experience with this? 

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

C. Harvey
on 1/26/12 12:19 am
VSG on 01/11/12
Protein can drop your sugar levels...so be very careful!

moonglo82
on 1/26/12 12:29 am
VSG on 03/29/12
Hmm... I did not know this.  Sounds like something I need to look into.  Thanks!

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 127 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 365 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 410 views