15 pounds to go

krystals
on 2/5/12 4:47 am - TX
VSG on 07/15/11 with
Have not checked in for awhile. 15 pounds to go and I was a veryyy slow loser. I'm slowly trying to wing myself off my Reflux meds. I started taking it every other day. Now I'm taking it every 2 days. The days I go without it I cannot eat as much but very little reflux. Next month I will switch to every 3 days to eventually I can stop taking it. My doc said not to just go off it to get my sleeve used to me not having it slowly. It seems to be working. But the 2 days can be a little hard and that is improving to. I will be so happy when I'm reflux meds free. One less pill to take. Hope everyone is doing well.

moonglo82
on 2/5/12 5:45 am
VSG on 03/29/12
I don't think you're a slow loser at all. Looks like you've lost about 60 pounds in 6 months. That's ten pounds a month. There are people who try to lose weight without surgery who would sweat blood to be able to lose five pounds a month.

Good luck with the last few pounds, and good luck with coming off of the meds. I hope I can come off of my diabetes meds after surgery, so I can totally relate.

Highest weight: 277 Starting Weight: 250  Surgery Weight: 241  Current Weight: 130

Goal Reached in 10.5 months :)

camietam
on 2/5/12 5:47 am - Ceres , CA
Good luck your almost there.
Camie

herstoryteacher
on 2/5/12 6:04 am - Walnut Creek, CA
Doesn't it feel great to start to ween of your meds.  I am doing the same thing with my waters pills!!!

I am surprise the Doctor approved you for the Sleeve I had to fight my doctor because he said I had reflux, (but I knew I didn't).  I had to have an extra procedure to prove it but he said that Reflux can be made worst with the Sleeve but the RNY would cure it.

Pkrplyr777
on 2/5/12 6:51 am - CT

Thanks for the post. I didn't know you could wean yourself off the PPI's. I'm glad to know that and plan to try to do this myself now.
I know if I don't take them, I feel it the next day.
But you've given me something to think about.

You will make it to goal. I'm sure you know by now that "slow and steady" gets the job done.
Good luck
donna

HW/233 *  SW/212 * CW/133 *GW/132 * 100 Pounds of FAT gone FOREVER!

Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple~Dr.Suess            
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 137 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 396 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 425 views