4months out today Should i be worried???

jstang003
on 2/10/12 10:13 am - GA

Well its been 4 months today since my surgery and i feel really good but i am 3lbs shy of having lost 50%. Is this something to be worried about?
I will admit i thought i would be at 50% loss in 3 months but the surgeon said no it will take me 8-10 months to lose the 100lbs, but on here people seem to be doing it at a record rate in many cases.
So starting next week for 5 weeks i am adding more activity to my plan 2 yoga classes, 2 body sculpting classes and 1 spin class in addition to my ususaly 3/4 day cardio routine.

i eat 700-900 calories 

any other suggestions i am being focused like a laser bean for these 5 weeks and see if i can drop this next 50 before june

Ms. Poker Face
on 2/10/12 10:16 am
It sounds like you are doing really well!  Relatively speaking, you were a lightweight to start out, so you probably won't lose pounds as fast as some others.  But percentage wise, you are doing great.

I speak from experience when I say that things will slow down the further out you get.  Don't stress if you don't meet the 50 by June goal.  I personally hate the lose XXX pounds by XXX date goals because they set us up for disappointment.  As much as we'd like to the weight to come off quickly, it really doesn't matter as long as it keeps dropping.  The point is to lose the weight and keep it off, not to get it off as quickly as possible.

Keep doing what you're doing and you'll do fine!

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

LosingLZ
on 2/10/12 10:36 am
You are doing well!  I agree, focus on your percentage lost. It is easy to be bothered by other peoples numbers, but everyone is different. Often the number lost includes pre-op diet (and I say count every pound !), and the more you have to lose the more dramatic lose you may have in the beginning, but if you compared percentage of weight loss, the numbers would be less impressive.  Someone said "Mileage may vary" and that is the truth.
I love your drive and focus. Adding the activity will speed things along, and you should do fine.

jstang003
on 2/10/12 11:02 am - GA
I really hope so i am not a grass is greener on the otherside type  BUT i see people with the same surgery date and they have lost 130, 100, 80 and i'm like jeez. And honestley i am fine with how ever  and when ever it comes off as long as it does.
I just dont want to have gone through all this stuff, and money (copay wasnt cheap) and mostly i dont want to be disapointed in myself i want to make it work if ya know what i mean.

Georgie Mayhem
on 2/10/12 1:15 pm - New Zealand
I can relate I'm worried being a perfectionist that I am that I lose too fast, I havent even had surgery yet and not stressing, but dont want to be obsessed, most weight % in first 6 MONTHS, not 4 months, Breath you are doing great, and losing so dont stress.

CheeseLover
on 2/10/12 1:18 pm
VSG on 02/16/12
I don't know much about how much you should have lost by then, but 3 lbs shy sure doesn't seem like a huge difference. Congrats on your weight loss!
 HW: 396 SW: 299 CW: 252 GW: 175

FINALLY BROKE THAT GOD-AWFUL STALL!!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 127 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 365 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 410 views