Is it weird...

HelloKatarina
on 2/16/12 3:38 am - SC
VSG on 01/27/12
that i've lost 31 pounds since surgery (3 weeks ago) and I don't feel or look a bit different?

Hoping this changes soon...

but I am happy with the weight loss.

We are, all of us, stars and we all deserve to twinkle. ~Marilyn Monroe

cpbkmb06
on 2/16/12 3:40 am
VSG on 02/02/12
Others can probably see a difference in you. I had surgery 2 weeks ago and am down 30 lbs. The only place I can tell is my face and neck. Congrats on the 31 lb. loss. It feels incredible doesn't it?! 

Cindy22706
on 2/16/12 3:43 am - California, MD
VSG on 02/08/12
I wanna know what your eating/drinking too to lose 30 lbs in two weeks!
HelloKatarina
on 2/16/12 3:50 am - SC
VSG on 01/27/12
yes, my mom and sister said the same of my face and neck.

And yes, after YEARS of trying to lose and when i wake up now another 2 lbs or so gone, it feels amazing!

And great job on your 30 lbs as well!
Cindy22706
on 2/16/12 3:42 am - California, MD
VSG on 02/08/12
Wow!! 31 lbs! You have to tell me EXACTLY what your eating/doing! I wanna lose that much! I lost 8 lbs first week and thats it (since my first week was yesterday lol). I wanna lose more!

I was wondering about you the other day. I knew you had surgery but coudlnt remember. I bet you can tell a difference!
HelloKatarina
on 2/16/12 3:55 am - SC
VSG on 01/27/12
Oh my goodness, where to begin!

With my plan (i know all are different), I was eating "mushies" two days after surgery. So my day consists of the usual. Jello, cottage cheese, scrambled egg, oatmeal, pea soup (and other soups), homemade guacamole (made by the best mother ever), laughing cow cheese, string cheese, and so much more. With at least 80 oz of water.

I eat about 4 meals a day. At barely 3 oz at each sitting. I am full after about 5 small bites so there is always some left. Crazy, i NEVER thought that would happen.

I have just recently (yesterday) started exercising. Mainly walking and resistance bands.

And thanks for thinking of me.
Cindy22706
on 2/16/12 4:01 am - California, MD
VSG on 02/08/12
You lucky, I dont get scrambled eggs (my favorite!) till next wednesday!
hwag5149
on 2/16/12 3:43 am
Did you lose anything preop? Unfortunately, a lot of that major initial weightloss is water weight and also the more weight you have on you, the more you have to lose before people notice. I think you'll be the last to notice. I still don't see it in my pictures when I put them side by side even though the first thing people say to me is "OMG, have you lost weight?!" I had lost  25ish pounds by Christmas and on that day there was no difference in my clothes or appearance at all. It made me depressed. You're only 3 weeks out. Give it some times and you will start to see a difference. Also, some people here don't lose numbers but they lose inches like crazy and some are opposite. I think I've lost more numbers and have kept my dang inches.

Either way both are going to come off for you.

HW 380.8+  SW- 371.4  CW- 234.4  GW- 200 

HelloKatarina
on 2/16/12 4:00 am - SC
VSG on 01/27/12
Yeah, i figured the water weight was a big one. Kinda sucks.

I lost a whole 1 pound pre op. haha

Thanks for the advice! I have no sense of the word patience so i'm working on that. I do know it takes time and i'm willing to wait.

Those damn inches are mean!
Ms. Poker Face
on 2/16/12 3:45 am, edited 2/16/12 3:46 am
I hope you have:

1) taken pre op photos
and
2) taken pre op measurements

Those helped me tremedously, and I do both every month (same poses for pics and same measurement spots).

If you haven't done those, start now. You will be glad you did!! Congrats on the loss

5'5"    Goal reached, but fighting regain.  Back to Basics.
Start Weight 246    Goal Weight 160    Current Weight 183

Starting size: 22, 2x
Current size: 12, L

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 162 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 435 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 456 views