Preop diet question

cmmdrwolf
on 2/18/12 12:18 am - Harrison, TN
VSG on 10/04/12
 Well for the last three weeks ive been on a ketonic diet to start getting the old liver down a pants size or ten before my surgery date, its not that bad but i do miss my breads and potatoes. Im three days from starting the all liquid portion of my diet, and not looking forward to my teeth being laid off do to budget cut backs for a month.

My question is besides the obvious protein shakes and supplements in liquid form what would be good and filling to consume?

Just on the preop diet alone im dangerously close to dropping 30lbs so far and already had to tighten the belt up a hole or two. I swear when its my time to hop up on the table and be gut like a cornish game hen Im wondering how fast all this insulation will fall off.

MelissaMommyto5
on 2/18/12 1:26 am
VSG on 02/16/12
Sorry, don't have any other suggestions for you for filling things to consume, but I will tell you that I felt full on the 3 protein shakes a day & lots of water & G2 in between the shakes.  I am anxious to begin chewing again, but the shakes did a great job.  I'm about 48 hrs post-op now & I'm happy to say I made it through my 14-day pre-op liquid diet without cheating a bit!  Best wishes!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 90 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 307 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 354 views