Hello Again

fypcdqt
on 2/24/12 5:03 am - Cumming, GA
Hey everyone!

I took a few months (weeks?) break off here, but I'm back for now.  I fell into the comparison trap and needed a breather.  It is so easy to see some one's success and instead of being happy for them, get jealous and feel bad about not being as successful. 

I also got the stomach bug 3 weeks ago and it knocked me out for a while.  I was only "sick" for a day and a half, but I was EXHAUSTED for the next 2 weeks.  I am just getting back up to normal speed, and exercise has not been as consistent because of it.  I did do water aerobics twice this week, which is good!  I need to get back into my morning routine on the elliptical and weight machines, though.

I am down 95 lbs from my highest weight, 62 lbs from the day of surgery, which is 10 lbs/mo on average.  I am a slow but steady loser.  I go through cycles of losing inches but no pounds, then losing pounds without losing inches.  So frustrating!!

I have gone from a size 28 to size 18, which has been super exciting, and I love the pictures I take on my surgiversary each month b/c they tell the real picture.  I will come back next week and share my 6 month pics. 

Newbies - take pics on your surgiversary every month, but make sure you take them from the side, too.  Kicking myself for not taking side pictures to see the difference there, too!!!!

Okay, enough blabbing, just wanted to say hi to all my old friends and potential new ones.  I didn't jump off the face of the earth, just needed to focus on me and my progress without comparing it to those that lost 100 lbs post op in their first few months.  My body will lose at its own pace, and as long as I follow the plan, it will continue to come off.

Happy Friday, all!!!!

Amy

onemoretry
on 2/24/12 5:34 am - GA
VSG on 03/21/12
Hi Amy,

I had been wondering where you disappered to. I am glad to hear things are going well for you.
HT: 5'4"      HW: 251  SW: 237  CW: 172 GW: 135 
LilySlim Weight loss tickers
"You can control how much water you drink, how much protein/carbs/cals you consume, and how much you exercise. FOCUS on those and not the scale, because no matter how hard we try, we do not control the scale." ~  acbbrown

Pkrplyr777
on 2/24/12 7:42 am - CT
10 pounds a month"
Thats awesome!

I wish I could lose that much a month.
I'ver settled for 4-8 with 8 being a lot more rare.

But slow and steady wins the race.
Congrats on your super weight loss so far. You're going to be in the century club very soon.

I like when the people post about there ups and downs. It helps keep me grounded to what I have to do for me.

Thanks,
and I'm glad you're back
donna
  HW/233 *  SW/212 * CW/133 *GW/132 * 100 Pounds of FAT gone FOREVER!

Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple~Dr.Suess            
Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 100 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 324 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 368 views